• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why would he sign this??

46 posts in this topic

doh!

GoldenGuardian, please include both those books with the next submission you send us, and we will correct the labels at no charge.

Hey Bradley,

it's no biggie. I know who signed the books :grin:

Next time I attend a show with on-site grading I'll bring them along and see what you folks can do. I'd love to find Ashley Woods one day to add to the Hellspawn #6 :cloud9:

S-Man how do you account for all those Stan Lee and Joe Simon books being SS'd?

How do you account for celebrity signatures being SS'd?

CGC is a BUSINESS... true they will not honor some random dude off the street, why flood the slab lab with no name people. CGC get's backed up as it is, they don't need to start honoring random Joe's. Any "professional" can sign ANY book if you are willing to pay for it to get slabbed, why deny the business? No sweat off CGC's back to authenticate a silly book.

I've had Todd McFarlane's buddy "Al Simmons" sign Spawn books for example:

Spawn10CGCSS98.jpg[/img]

Im not disputing any business practice, CGC can accept what they like obviously. My original question was why would Trimpe sign THIS particular book, not why would CGC SS it. If a signer has nothing to do with the book, why would they sign it. Am not questioning CGCs practice of letting them do it.

Hulk and Wolverine are both common characters that Herb Trimpe drew professionally and they both are key players in the Secret Wars. Would I have gotten the book signed the way he did? No, but I've seen much bigger stretches.

Well the interesting thing about free commerce is anybody can refuse anyone service for any reason. Until the nazi's take over the US I think it will stay that way.

Really? So CGC can refuse service to people of a certain race or religion and that's just fine here in the USA?

Race, creed, or sexual orientation aside. CGC can refuse service yes.