• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

54 posts in this topic

Yes, I got the Conan book for $326 plus shipping and I planned on keeping it. I just don't understand why I'm catching so much grief from people for the price I set it at. Keep in mind the same book sold for $900 in October as well and all other 9.6's have sold at an average of $575. People wonder why the prices are going down on some books well I think this is one of the problems. When someone gets a good deal no one else ever wants to pay more than that either!! If you don't think the price is good then so be it but I don't think I should be getting killed for selling it at less than average price!! I know this probably won't endear me to prospective buyers but I can't belive the messages I keep getting. I bought a Hulk 181 9.2 from a dealer last year for $650 I guess I should sell it for $660 right??

Yes, I got the Conan book for $326 plus shipping and I planned on keeping it. I just don't understand why I'm catching so much grief from people for the price I set it at. Keep in mind the same book sold for $900 in October as well and all other 9.6's have sold at an average of $575. People wonder why the prices are going down on some books well I think this is one of the problems. When someone gets a good deal no one else ever wants to pay more than that either!! If you don't think the price is good then so be it but I don't think I should be getting killed for selling it at less than average price!! I know this probably won't endear me to prospective buyers but I can't belive the messages I keep getting. I bought a Hulk 181 9.2 from a dealer last year for $650 I guess I should sell it for $660 right??

Yep, I feel ya...wttb...

I'd pay $675 for your Hulk is you want... :baiting:lol

Good luck with your sales.

You should be able sell "any" book, not just Conan #3 for whatever you want for it, be it below/above average selling price. It's your book, list it for what you want! IMO.

If folks don't like the price they can move on or make an offer for a lower price.

Granted, if you list a book for higher than what the market is currently going for, be prepared to hear crickets chirping, but it's still your call.

What kind of grief are you getting?

[

You should be able sell "any" book, not just Conan #3 for whatever you want for it, be it below/above average selling price. It's your book, list it for what you want! IMO.

If folks don't like the price they can move on or make an offer for a lower price.

Granted, if you list a book for higher than what the market is currently going for, be prepared to hear crickets chirping, but it's still your call.

Just the fact that i shouldn't be asking that much for a book that i bought for $326. Nothing about the same book selling for $900 in October is ever mentioned though. I guess I need to buy books on here from now on because I'll get them for next to nothing apparantly, just kidding.

Congrats on the sale.

Why are you taking the problem with annoying private messages public anyways? Sounds like a matter between you and those sending the annoying pm's. Doesn't help to present yourself as a seller with whom someone would want to work.

Congrats on the sale.

Why are you taking the problem with annoying private messages public anyways? Sounds like a matter between you and those sending the annoying pm's. Doesn't help to present yourself as a seller with whom someone would want to work.

Instead of having more people PM me stating what I bought it for I did it this way, that's all.

[

Just the fact that i shouldn't be asking that much for a book that i bought for $326. Nothing about the same book selling for $900 in October is ever mentioned though. I guess I need to buy books on here from now on because I'll get them for next to nothing apparantly, just kidding.

Don't let it get to you. Just like anywhere in this world, the boards have all different kinds of folks. Some real decent people, some real aholes and some incredibly self righteous. Heck I had one poster call me out for having the audacity to sell a book for a bit more than I paid for it. The blasphemy!