• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

54 posts in this topic

Congrats on the sale.

Why are you taking the problem with annoying private messages public anyways? Sounds like a matter between you and those sending the annoying pm's. Doesn't help to present yourself as a seller with whom someone would want to work.

Actually, I don't think it reflects badly on the seller at all.

Stating that people are harassing him via PM because he's not giving the book away for no profit is not a negative towards the seller it's a negative towards the person sending him the PM.

What the OP did here is a pretty effective way to get those types of PMs to stop and will make whomever is sending those PMs sweat a little bit given the amount of mess they will have to eat if their name is made public.

Sending a PM deriding a seller for trying to sell a book at a profit is an incredibly crass and immature negotiating tactic that I am sure the sender of the PMs would neither employ nor appreciate when they are selling instead of trying to buy.

I like a seller that won't take any via PM from the lowballers, and the guys that try to use tactics in private that they would be embarrassed to say in public.

Sounds like he wanted messages like that to stop, if it worked then it was well worth it and I give the OP kudos for the calling out without actually calling out.

Agree with all, especially the bolded.

Yes, I got the Conan book for $326 plus shipping and I planned on keeping it. I just don't understand why I'm catching so much grief from people for the price I set it at. Keep in mind the same book sold for $900 in October as well and all other 9.6's have sold at an average of $575. People wonder why the prices are going down on some books well I think this is one of the problems. When someone gets a good deal no one else ever wants to pay more than that either!! If you don't think the price is good then so be it but I don't think I should be getting killed for selling it at less than average price!! I know this probably won't endear me to prospective buyers but I can't belive the messages I keep getting. I bought a Hulk 181 9.2 from a dealer last year for $650 I guess I should sell it for $660 right??

i like to apologize in advance for the bad etiquette performed by the members that PM you. :sorry:

Any offers on the remaining books, I need to raise a bit more cash this week, thanks!!

I'd go $200 on the Supes #205. Let me know if you're interested.

You F'ing LOWBALLER. How DARE you? :censored:

:baiting:

Any offers on the remaining books, I need to raise a bit more cash this week, thanks!!

I'd go $200 on the Supes #205. Let me know if you're interested.

You F'ing LOWBALLER. How DARE you? :censored:

:baiting:

He did ask for any offer. :shy:

I recently "low-balled" someone on eBay for a book I was certain I wouldn't get. However, the response came quickly accepting my 70% offer. I was surprised and of course pleased!

V/R, Mike

Please pm me the seller sir! :devil:

I recently "low-balled" someone on eBay for a book I was certain I wouldn't get. However, the response came quickly accepting my 70% offer. I was surprised and of course pleased!

V/R, Mike

And me as well. Plus, I want to know what scanner our thread host is using...... :popcorn:

V/R, Mike

And me as well. Plus, I want to know what scanner our thread host is using...... :popcorn:

Isn't it obvious that those scans were done on different scanners? :shrug:

The scans of the Conan #3 and the Superman #205, for instance, are from when they were up for auction on the Pedigree Comics site ...

V/R, Mike

The scans of the Conan #3 and the Superman #205, for instance, are from when they were up for auction on the Pedigree Comics site ...

Scans are gone now.....

V/R, Mike

Scans are gone now.....

did i miss something? were there actual books for sale or just scans of books?