• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally back from CGC

17 posts in this topic

After almost 2 months I finally received my CGC order today! :applause:

I had submitted my books at the Long Beach Comic Con on October 30th using the 20 Day Express Coupon (I think they mean 20 Jupiter days) and they were received by CGC on the 4th of November. I was told by Erik at CGC that they were a little backed up from doing so many shows at in Oct/Nov. He was always great to deal with on the phone, and answered all my questions and concerns. (thumbs u

This was the first time I have used CGC since 2004, and I knew these books were not going to break any grade records, but I thought it would be nice to see what they came back as. The books:

All American Comics #53 5.5 WHITE pages

Green Lantern #82 8.0 CR/OW Northland Pedigree

Incredible Hulk #181 7.5 OW/W

I was pretty happy about the books considering I had bought the 181 from Mile High as a Dallas Stephens FINE at $250 (I had only paid $200 for it because I had a $50 credit from an eBay order they could not find/did not have). My close friend Harvey traded me the All American Comics, and I had bought the GL 82 (it was graded by Motor City at FN/VF) from a boardie a few months back. All in all not bad I thought.

Just mail in, forget the books and then be surprised when they arrive.

Kind of like ordering the Red Ryder decoder.

Little Orphan Annie decoder.

I do tend to forget about the books I submit. But that's because of the amount of time between submission and receipt.

Did the Green Latern Northland come from Green? And insanely awesome deal on the Hulk 181.

It did come from Green. And he was great at giving me the information that CGC needed to verify it as a Pedigree.

It was a great deal on 181...so good I bought another! :applause:

Did the Green Latern Northland come from Green? And insanely awesome deal on the Hulk 181.

It did come from Green. And he was great at giving me the information that CGC needed to verify it as a Pedigree.

Glad everything worked out. :)

Glad everything worked out. :)

It did sir! (thumbs u Thank you again for all your help!

Congrats John, I know that submission process is a pain, but it always feels like Christmas to me when those packages show up!

What kind of info did you submit to CGC to get the Northland designation? Something besides the COA?

Thanks Mitch! :)

They ask for the who you received it from, and if possible who they received it from, as well as contact information (phone, email, so on). They have a Pedigree expert who does the research to verify your information, and they don't guarantee that the book will come back a Pedigree even with the COA and information. I was lucky because Thomas (Green) had bought the book straight from Motor City, so the information was easy to verify.

Congrats John, I know that submission process is a pain, but it always feels like Christmas to me when those packages show up!

What kind of info did you submit to CGC to get the Northland designation? Something besides the COA?

Normally a COA is good enough. But it never hurts to have a history of ownership to make sure everything is noted properly and without CGC having to do the legwork. There are pedigree books like mass, curator, some bostons and im sure others like western penn that were sold either without COAs or with easily faked COAs that a history of ownership is the only way to get the book properly noted.

Normally a COA is good enough. But it never hurts to have a history of ownership to make sure everything is noted properly and without CGC having to do the legwork. There are pedigree books like mass, curator, some bostons and im sure others like western penn that were sold either without COAs or with easily faked COAs that a history of ownership is the only way to get the book properly noted.

Cool thanks for the info! I've only got one Northford in my collection, but it's missing the COA, which is why I asked...