• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wonder if i can get some help pricing a 8.0-8.5 GS XMEN #1

6 posts in this topic

I have a chance to pick up a very nice GS X-XMEN #1 from my LCS.

What is the going rate for a 8.0 to a 8.5 book. The price is very attractive but I'd like to get some feeback.

Thanks

WEBHEAD

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

I have a chance to pick up a very nice GS X-XMEN #1 from my LCS.

What is the going rate for a 8.0 to a 8.5 book. The price is very attractive but I'd like to get some feeback.

Thanks

WEBHEAD

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

I think the last time I looked most CGC graded 8.0-8.5 were selling between $400-$500.

My LCS is offering it at 30% off $500. So it will be $350. I haven't looked at it closely yet, but he assured that it was a high grade book. I have some 8.0 to 9+ cgc books to match it up with. I was thinking that a $350 investment now on a realativly high grade key would be an excellent investment.....

WEBHEAD

Be very careful on your grading, you've got little margin for error. At $350 plus slabbing cost you would have to get an 8.0 just to break even. CGC is really strict on the higher grades. A CGC 8.0 at first glance looks darn near perfect.

On the other hand if it came back a 9.0 you would make out like a bandit. grin.gif