• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman\Superman #8

25 posts in this topic

Kandor, I'll buy. That's a good possibility.

But didn't he JUST meet Supergirl in this issue? In current continuity, anyway...

Then again if he is so smart and can learn any language in the world real fast then why not learn kryptonese quickly?

I thought he was being taught everything by the ship on the way to earth, a great big Marlon Brando voice? Or maybe when he did that razz-ma-tazz at the fortress of solitude?

I found this, I don't know who did it.

Superman/Batman #8 Kryptonian Translation

PAGE 20

PANEL 2

KARA: You! What did you do to me?

PANEL 3

KARA: I won't be held captive...by you or anyone!

PANEL 3

KAL: Stop this. Calm down. We're only here to help you.

PAGE 21

PANEL 1

KARA: You... you speak Kryptonese.

KAL: I do. The question is... why do you?

PANEL 2

KARA: I... speak this language because I come from the planet Krypton.

KAL: Really. Krypton was destroyed years ago -- and everyone on it.

PANEL 3

KARA: Not everyone. My uncle was head of the Science Council. He tried to get them to understand the planet was unstable, but they wouldn't listen.

KAL: Your... uncle?

KARA: Yes. My father's brother...

PANEL 4

KARA: He built a space ship -- a prototype intending to send his entire family, but I think time ran out. My father was also a scientist. He believed his brother and built a similar, but larger spacecraft, following the same coordinates.

KAL: Your uncle. What was his name?

KARA: Jor-El. He and my aunt Lara had a son, Kal-El.

PANEL 5

KAL: I am Kal-El. Jor-El was my father.

KARA: Then... I made it. I made it. But... you were just a baby. And... Oh, I don't care... I have family here.

KARA: I'm Kara. Kara Zor-El.