• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Planet Comicon Kansas City March 26 & 27, 2011

23 posts in this topic

Well, it's a bit after the fact, but I was there on Saturday.

Was a very packed house and once again, I took my oldest daughter (5), who had a good time as well.

Highlights for her included meeting "The Bionic Woman", buying some random Hero Clix female characters, a pink hotwheels car and a Pink Panther comic..lol

My highlights were finding a nice copy of Mad magazine with The Bionic Woman on the cover and getting it signed, picking up an X-Men (the one with Wolverine and crew on the cover) Omnibus for $80, a Scooby Doo maquette for $30, and a Charlie Sheen "winning" shirt for $10..lol

Ironically, I bought no real comics per say, other than the Pink Panther for my daughter. Just hard for me to search long boxes and keep her entertained at the same time. I normally go back on the second day, but had family photos and couldn't make it.

Had a great time though. Really regretting not grabbing a Silver Surfer Omnibus for $70 and an Iron Man for $50 that I seen though :P