• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Galactus Battles?

28 posts in this topic

Just so I don't get too immersed the Crash Psychology, here's an actual comic book post:

In terms of one-on-one kick-butt Galactus fights, this one from Fantastic Four 213 is one of my faves. It's got Byrne art (natch), but also shows Galactus getting into some serious hand-to-hand combat with the "just became uber powerful" Sphinx, a being who rivaled his power.

You just don't see Galactus laying the smack down too often, so this issue was a real treat.

For your viewing pleasure, I present Galactus opening up a can of whoop-hass on The Sphinx:

galactus_1.jpg

galactus_2.jpg

galactus_3.jpg

galactus_4.jpg

galactus_5.jpg

galactus_6.jpg

galactus_7.jpg

galactus_8.jpg

Well, the Sphinx was a pretty powerful immortal dude who was looking for the "key" to end his life. Nova had this key, and once the Sphinx extracted it and drained a super-computer, he become ultra powerful and decided to destroy the Earth.

Naturally Reed determined that the only being powerful enough to destroy old Sphinx-y was Galactus and he procured his aid. The rest you can see for yourself.

FF 213 is a great issue!! And Galactus is my favorite villian, combine that with my all time fav artist (J.B.) and I love the fact that J.B. did not just ONE but a couple story lines in his FF run. I always loved 243 though, where the big G. man falls and Reed looks almost stunned at himself for having to utter those immortal words: WE HAVE TO SAVE GALACTUS! Doesnt get any better then that!! thumbsup2.gif And then of course Frankie Raye becomes the new herald in the next issue, much to Johnny's dismay!

Well, the Sphinx was a pretty powerful immortal dude who was looking for the "key" to end his life. Nova had this key, and once the Sphinx extracted it and drained a super-computer, he become ultra powerful and decided to destroy the Earth.

Naturally Reed determined that the only being powerful enough to destroy old Sphinx-y was Galactus and he procured his aid. The rest you can see for yourself.

Whatever happened to all those other nutty Nova villains

(some that were obvious Spidey Villain rips)?

Diamondhead (Hammerhad?)

Condor (Vulture?)

Powerhouse (need help on this?)

I though Blackout.. maybe had some potential

Who was the Fu-manchu guy?

I went to check the guide and none of these villains 1st. apps. were even noted and I'm pretty sure most were within the original Nova run. Wasn't Sphinx too?

Another oddity is that Overstreet credits #19 as a Wally West ,Kid Flash appearance

ooo.gifconfused.gif

This is probably more modern than many collectors on this board, but one of the hands down best Galactus battles was from Silver Surfer vol. 3 #18. Galactus v. In-Betweener in one of the best cosmic battles ever. Sported some amazing Ron Lim artwork and a pretty darn good story. I've found it's not an easy book to track down anymore either.

This was one of the greatest battles for Galactus IMO.

Galactus vs The In-Betweener!?

I think I dated an In-Betweener once... tonofbricks.gif

27_laughing.gif

I'm not one to kiss and tell.. shy.gif

Do tell!!! 893whatthe.gif

This was one of the greatest battles for Galactus IMO.

Galactus vs The In-Betweener!?

I think I dated an In-Betweener once... tonofbricks.gif