• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What were the most Negative comic book 2010 moments?

30 posts in this topic

The main negative for me is the same every year--crusty old farts dumping all over new comics without even reading them or giving them a chance. :sorry::baiting: There's just fantastic new stuff coming out every year, and at least every five years, something groundbreaking comes out. Ultimate Spider-Man and Walking Dead were my favorite two titles of the 2000s. Bendis' run on Daredevil was hugely memorable as well.

Bingo - Spot-on - Perfect - I couldn't agree more - +1 - (thumbs u

(And add Goon and any Acme Novelty Library issue to the list.)

The main negative for me is the same every year--crusty old farts dumping all over new comics without even reading them or giving them a chance. :sorry::baiting: There's just fantastic new stuff coming out every year, and at least every five years, something groundbreaking comes out. Ultimate Spider-Man and Walking Dead were my favorite two titles of the 2000s. Bendis' run on Daredevil was hugely memorable as well.

Bingo - Spot-on - Perfect - I couldn't agree more - +1 - (thumbs u

(And add Goon and any Acme Novelty Library issue to the list.)

Arseholes.

Everyone's got one of them, too. :/

For me it was the modern publishers still publishing multiple variant covers, putting Deadpool in a zillion books, heroes dying and coming back to life and the cancelling of a long running titles and renumbering them with a #1.

If you have any other 2010 negative news about comics chime in.

Happy New Year

+2

All of those are why i stopped reading moderns 15 years ago and haven't come back. I'd rather read SA/BA books even if i've already read them than the modern stuff coming out.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain the need for 50 different Xmen/ASM titles each month or a Hulk for every color of the rainbow :eyeroll:

What's a Modern?? (shrug)

For me it was the modern publishers still publishing multiple variant covers, putting Deadpool in a zillion books, heroes dying and coming back to life and the cancelling of a long running titles and renumbering them with a #1.

If you have any other 2010 negative news about comics chime in.

Happy New Year

+2

All of those are why i stopped reading moderns 15 years ago and haven't come back. I'd rather read SA/BA books even if i've already read them than the modern stuff coming out.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain the need for 50 different Xmen/ASM titles each month or a Hulk for every color of the rainbow :eyeroll:

What's a Modern?? (shrug)

Those were the books that were right before the 'Wizard' age... :roflmao:

Did the spiderman thing where he sold his soul happen this year ?.. One more day or what ever that was ...

Ms marvel mini series ending :(

angel series from IDW ending :( They have been doing a fantastic job with it !

Darkhorse getting the angel series ... Screw that they lost my $$ on angel & buffy now cause of this move ...

Death of ares ... This was kind of a sad/happy moment lol!

squirrel girl coming onto the new avengers series ... Worst character ever! I have now dropped that title ...