• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 6* Results

104 posts in this topic

And the (gasp) CGC grade is....

rnd6001.jpg

:odoh!doh!doh!doh!doh!doh!doh!doh!

So if I take this 7.5 book out of the slab, crumple it up, fold it in half and put it in my back pocket, carry it around in my back pocket all day, take it out and drop it on the floor, jump up and down on it a few times, and finally send it off for a resub, then I can still get a 7.0? Sweet! (thumbs u

rantrant

Whew, thanks, now I feel better. Shocked and amazed, but a little better... :sorry:

108057.jpg.c9809810fc84bce64f1909ddeffdb08a.jpg

108058.jpg.9ea49099819dc144240b0c20654693e5.jpg

I hate this stuff

Graded it as a 5.5 :lol:

Even saw the census 7.0 and indicated I was ignoring that fact.

I also gave it a 5.5 :mad: I never in a million years would have guessed 7.0.

7.0 is FINE TO VERY FINE .... :mad::mad::mad::sumo:

Ok....I'm over it.... :angel:

+1 :censored:

+2 (shrug)

I'm truly and completely bewildered at CGC's call. I would challenge anyone to find a book in a 7.0 slab that looks as beat as this one.

I gave it a 5.0 and was concerned I overgraded. lol

12 spine creases, 4 soft corners, 2 edge tears and several corner creases... plus a dirty back cover.

If anyone sold this as a 7.0 raw in the marketplace, they'd be crucified. :frustrated:

I gave the book a 6.5. Obviously did not use the census. :)

Even if I were to have checked the census on that book I would have to wonder if CGC really added books to it that fast. Just because there is nothing below 7.0 on that book, I would just assume this book was not added yet.

However, maybe they do add them as soon as they grade them. (shrug)