• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WANTED:VF OR BETTER UNRESTORED INCREDIBLE HULK #1

15 posts in this topic

Good Luck! That book is very tough! I've never seen any copies I would say are better than straight Fine. If you do find it, would you mind scanning it and putting it up for us to see? I'd love to see a nice, clean copy.

Chris

You missed a gorgeous copy over the summer. The Bethlehem copy was up for auction on ebay CGC NM- 9.2. It went for almost three times guide. Around 50k.

If you're a heritage member you can check out two really nice ones in their archive. There's a 9.0 that went off earlier this year and an 8.5 that went off the same weekend as the Cage auction (one of, I think, three or four copies that went off during the same auction.)

While we're talking about how tough this book is- think about the fact that METROPOLIS (who currently have seven [!!!!} batman #1s for sale) is poking around here looking for this book.

As far a SA Marvels go, I'd say this is the toughest one to find. Whenever I'm at a show, I always look for the "Keys", not to buy of course, but just to look at. Don't see too many Hulk #1's compared to the other Marvel #1's (FF #1 is pretty hard to find also).

Chris

Alot of those early Tales are really tough. Would you consider this a "Major" key? I know it used to be. But, Ant-Man? I don't consider him a top tier Marvel hero. I don't really know, but this book isn't in the same 'class' as Hulk, ASM, FF, Avengers, or X-Men. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Chris

I don't think it's as major a key as the ones you mention, but it's still an important book. He's not much of anything now, but Ant-Man was seriously involved in early marvel history. It's also super-early. It came out the same month as FF 2 and predates Hulk 1 by something like four or five months.

Hey, he doesn't say it has to be CGC'ed...crack it open and call it a VF!! wink.gif

You're right though, if the potential buyer is not specifying a CGC'ed book, then who's to say Steve wouldn't grade it a VF himself? It's certainly in the ballpark as a "high grade, unrestored" key...let's see a scan! laugh.gif