• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 7* Results

80 posts in this topic

Nik-Grading-contest.jpg

2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest: Round 7 Results

Showcase #77 - WHITE pages

Actual Grade: CGC 9.0

th_Round7-aaa001.jpg th_Round7-Showcase77f.jpg th_Round7-Showcase77fi.jpg th_Round7-Showcase77b.jpg th_Round7-Showcase77bi.jpg

Round 7 Grade Breakdowns

Round7-GradeBreakdown.png

2010 Grading Contest: Round 7 Results - By Place

Round7-Results.png

Round 7 Commentary

Despite a spirited move by He11blazer and canickus (with his fifth bullseye in a row!), toro's 3 points is good enough to retain sole possession of First Place for Round 7. (worship)

Dropping out of the Top Ten are G.A.tor, Norrin Radd, and Tsimanga.

Contestants to watch: namisgr, shadroch, zuckuss2003 and TheWatcher, who have been quietly moving up the charts and now threaten to enter the top ten! :popcorn:

This was RELATIVELY EASY round with 73% of the contestants getting within +/- 1 grade! Good luck with Round 8!

If you really are unsure can't you just not submit, get zero, and be ahead of the game in the event you are really off and get a -1?

Shouldn't no submission be punished with -2 or greater to truly deter?

Maybe my logic is fuzzy (shrug)

Damn

I was solid on this at 9.0 and then bumped t to 9.2 with the way things have been going...arrgghh... :frustrated:

Although very proud to say still no negative yet after 7 rounds...sckao that'll be one of our next spreadsheets...most games without a neg! :headbang:

Round 7 Commentary

Despite a spirited move by He11blazer and canickus (with his fifth bullsye in a row!), toro's 3 points is good enough to retain sole possession of First Place for Round 7. (worship)

Contestants to watch: namisgr, shadroch, zuckuss2003 and TheWatcher, who have been quietly moving up the charts and now threaten to enter the top ten! :popcorn:

This was RELATIVELY EASY round with 73% of the contestants getting within +/- 1 grade! Good luck with Round 8!

:sumo:

Round 7 Commentary

Despite a spirited move by He11blazer and canickus (with his fifth bullsye in a row!), toro's 3 points is good enough to retain sole possession of First Place for Round 7. (worship)

:sumo:

etanick was considered for the Commentary but it was revealed that he had in fact dropped from First Place (Round 1). :baiting:

I am enthralled by the developing sub-plot of the The Dane.

Can he even beat those who aren't playing??

Tune in after Round 8 for the update!

I asked by way of PM, and am asking again:

Any chance we could get a rear cover scan in the slab? Were those stains/smudges I saw on the rear cover artifacts of the scanner?

They are not scanner artifacts.