• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Archie Meets The Punisher - SS Copies

27 posts in this topic

Thanks Sean! When did yours get signed?

Stan was at one of the Carbonaro shows, I believe. Or maybe NYCC. It would have been either '08 or '09. I got a couple of Goldbergs done, maybe I can check the label on one of those from photobucket.

This one is not signature series but it was signed by Goldberg in 1994. I thought it was worth showing for comparison.

archie-punisher-t.jpg

I bought it probably in 2001.

It came with this certificate

archie-punisher-cert-b.jpg

It would be great if it were signature series but... it's not.

Well, I'm glad I started this thread. I am now the proud owner of the highest graded SS for this book :whee: I'm so happy with the grade.

img054.jpg

Nice book, Liam. You are a tough grader, if you thought that was 9.2-9.4. :)

Thanks Sean! I have discovered that fact recently. One thing I've found when I looked at these after I took note of the defects is that CGC doesn't really detract grade points for non-colour breaking defects. This book has a very slight "wave" effect near the spine which is what I graded down for in addition to a single colour breaking crease, but it looks like I'm just too tough for my own good lol

This actually makes me very happy. I was always under the impression that CGC graded stricter than me, so this means I can submit books I previously wouldn't have submitted :grin: