• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Archie Meets The Punisher - SS Copies

27 posts in this topic

Thanks Sean! I have discovered that fact recently. One thing I've found when I looked at these after I took note of the defects is that CGC doesn't really detract grade points for non-colour breaking defects. This book has a very slight "wave" effect near the spine which is what I graded down for in addition to a single colour breaking crease, but it looks like I'm just too tough for my own good lol

If that's your mindset when you send in books to get graded, you're going to get hammered on your next submission - sure, non-color breaking defects aren't treated as harsly as color-breaking defects (nor should they be), but saying that CGC basically overlooks these is flat-out wrong.

The slight "wave" effect that you noticed is considered a production defect on this book - that's most likely why it came back a 9.8 even with one other tiny defect.

Congrats on the book :thumbsup:

Well, I'm glad I started this thread. I am now the proud owner of the highest graded SS for this book :whee: I'm so happy with the grade.

img054.jpg

Nice book! :)

Thanks Sean! I have discovered that fact recently. One thing I've found when I looked at these after I took note of the defects is that CGC doesn't really detract grade points for non-colour breaking defects. This book has a very slight "wave" effect near the spine which is what I graded down for in addition to a single colour breaking crease, but it looks like I'm just too tough for my own good lol

If that's your mindset when you send in books to get graded, you're going to get hammered on your next submission - sure, non-color breaking defects aren't treated as harsly as color-breaking defects (nor should they be), but saying that CGC basically overlooks these is flat-out wrong.

The slight "wave" effect that you noticed is considered a production defect on this book - that's most likely why it came back a 9.8 even with one other tiny defect.

Congrats on the book :thumbsup:

Actually, I wrote that wrong. I meant to say something along the lines of they don't detract as much as I thought they did for NCB defects.

Production defect? How so? It genuinely seems to look like someone bent the spine ever so slightly - or used a bent board to store it. What kind of production defect would this be?

And thank you, I love it :)

Totally agree!