• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raw Ghost Rider #1 "NM" sells for $406!!!

14 posts in this topic

Oops, mark this bit up to "missed sarcasm."

I think the buyer got so screwed on this deal it's not even funny. I was pointing out how many times the buyer called it "mint" and the "cgc" lie to make fun of him/ her. I don't think the book is slabbed, I think it's raw and overgraded.

He doesn't use a single period or cap in the entire description. If he can't master these simple skills, how on earth could he master the unknowable art of CGC grading? Of course, he hasn't mastered the art of making a clear image, either. Why would anyone bid on this auction? I just don't understand it.

-- Joanna

There's no doubt it's raw. The whole auction was mis-leading. However, I would never bid on an item where the description said "CGC" many times, yet the picture is a raw book. Seller's have to show a picture of the item they are selling as it is.

Oh well, at least one of greggy's many enemies got hosed. tongue.gif

Chris

If this book is raw, the guy buying it is...IMO...a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. A CGC 9.4 copy of this book was going for 400-500 dollars was it not? Plus there's a Ghost Rider 1 NM 9.2-9.4 raw that's ending soon only at 120 dollars. Man, I need to put my raw G.R. #1's up tongue.gif

Brian