• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Price Sticker on actual comic book

17 posts in this topic

I have a comic book (a modern comic) with a price sticker on the back, and if I remove it, I'm worried i'll damage the comic, so if I sent it to CGC with the price sticker on the back, would CGC down-grade it because of the price sticker?

I know if it was a sticker with no relevance and not a price sticker, it would be downgraded, but maybe actual price stickers are different? hm

Thanks in advance :hi:

Lloyd

Why would Forbidden Planet be so stupid? :( It's in otherwise 9.8 condition.

Don't send it in - CGC will kill the grade, it would be a total waste of money.

If it's in 9.8, it will receive an 8.0 or 8.5 if I remember rightly.

lol TOO true.

Does anybody know if there's a way to safely remove stickers? I don't imagine how there would be hm

Why would Forbidden Planet be so stupid?

You answered your own question there Lloyd.

Assembled you might be able to take a bottle of undo to remove it if you can get a grip on the edge of the sticker.

A more extreme solution would be to be to use a organic solvent and a micro spatula which may be done which assembled unless it is stubborn and if so the the cover would have to be removed and soaked in solvent.

Does anybody know if there's a way to safely remove stickers?

What book is it? Considering it was from FP I would have thought you could pick up another copy elsewhere quite easily and save yourself the ballache.

Nah, I got it on ebay Gav, and I got it for a great price, took a gamble, and it was better than I was hoping for, 9.8 quality, but just had a FP sticker on the back :( It's nothing incredible, it's Walking Dead 27 (1st Governor).

It's no biggy, I could pick one up fairly cheap if I wanted, but seeing as I had it in hand and it was only the sticker that was an issue, I just figured it was easy enough to ask on here :)

Thanks man :)

That's very helpful. :idea:

lol TOO true.

Does anybody know if there's a way to safely remove stickers? I don't imagine how there would be hm

Assembled you might be able to take a bottle of undo to remove it if you can get a grip on the edge of the sticker.

A more extreme solution would be to be to use a organic solvent and a micro spatula which may be done which assembled unless it is stubborn and if so the the cover would have to be removed and soaked in solvent.

Not necessarily Mike. It could receive a 9.8 Qualified Label. I have one that had a barcode sticker placed over the barcode on the FC. It is a 9.8 Q.

lol TOO true.

He could also try heating it to see if it makes the glue "gooey" making the label easier to peel off. The residue can be cleaned up with solvent.

Not necessarily Mike. It could receive a 9.8 Qualified Label. I have one that had a barcode sticker placed over the barcode on the FC. It is a 9.8 Q.

I'm not Mike.

I'm not Mike.

Be like Mike :baiting: