• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crime Suspense #22

148 posts in this topic

Well... we'll have to wait and see what the buyer says in his feedback. But I think the price is an anomaly since two mid-grades just sold for much, much less.

Makes me wonder what a Gaines would go for though...

Well... we'll have to wait and see what the buyer says in his feedback. But I think the price is an anomaly since two mid-grades just sold for much, much less.

I hope so, I hope to get a decent low to mid grade soon.

I specifically came in here just to see people's comments on this. I am perplexed at this price. I saw one sell for $750 a week or two ago. What, did a scientific study discover this issue was printed with staples made of gold?

I think there's a huge disconnect on this issue between available sales data (i.e. GPA) and some of the private sales/raw sales. As I said in my earlier comment, I know of mid-grade slabbed copies going for double what I paid for mine a couple of weeks ago (keep in mind mine was a BIN). And now this one...

I could see this sale bringing some slabbed copies out of peoples' vaults (get it? vaults?) for public auction - maybe that will give us a better idea of how collectors are valuing this issue overall and get to some more consistent pricing? (shrug)

I bought an EC from yeagerp1 last year. Undisclosed defect. No return policy. :yeahok:

A few weeks later, he outbid me on a 5.0 slabbed EC that he cracked out and relisted raw at a higher grade. :yeahok: (It for $20 less than he paid for it lol ).

Avoid.

Agree, avoid yeagerp. He sold me a "nice" copy of WSF 23 years ago, again with the small picture deal -- funny how he overlooked the popped top staple and split halfway down spine. Guess no one's perfect!

+1. I purchased a Weird Fantasy 21 listed in VF from him a few years back. When I got it, the book looked a little funny. Thankfully, I had another copy in lower grade and when I compared the two, the book from yeagerp was trimmed 3/8" on the right side. I told him this and returned it immediately w/ delivery confirmation and he issued a refund. A week later, the same book appears in a new listing, no trimming disclosed.

:censored:

Mitch and I have discussed this book a few times previously. I think I'm going to throw my copy on ebay to see what happens. I think it's an awesome book (like others, I'm a sucker for the cover), but I have my eye on a guitar (my other hobby) and this is a book that I wouldn't mine owning in a lower-grade.

We'll see what happens.

Mitch and I have discussed this book a few times previously. I think I'm going to throw my copy on ebay to see what happens. I think it's an awesome book (like others, I'm a sucker for the cover), but I have my eye on a guitar (my other hobby) and this is a book that I wouldn't mine owning in a lower-grade.

We'll see what happens.

This auction suggests there're at least two other people out there willing to pay ! $1,500 for a mid-grade copy with small photos. Good luck!

We'll see what happens.

This auction suggests there're at least two other people out there willing to pay ! $1,500 for a mid-grade copy with small photos. Good luck!

Thanks. We'll see how it goes. Sometimes other hobbies get in the way of good comics lol

We'll see what happens.

Good luck Jared! (thumbs u

I tend to think that this is due to shilling. I apologize if it turns out to not be the case but that price is absurd. I do agree that this book is undervalued but should still not go for anything close to that price especially in that condition, there are just too many copies available to be had. Fishy auction from beginning to end.

I sold my 5.0ish copy last year for nothing close to that price and it sat on the boards for about 2 weeks before it sold.

Cool! I like watching auctions, especially for comics that are in good taste like CSS #22.

That auction had red flags all over it - even before the seller's habit of "missing" things was revealed.

While shilling would seem the only logical reason for such a price, there does seem to be a perverse habit by some ebay bidders that when they see a small pix, no grade, no return auction, they start imagining it could be the highest grade evident rather than the lowest, let alone restored.

Stick a blue labeled CGC 7.0 up on ebay with large pictures, and those same bidders curb their bidding because they know it isn't a possible 8.0+

I bought an EC from yeagerp1 last year. Undisclosed defect. No return policy. :yeahok:

A few weeks later, he outbid me on a 5.0 slabbed EC that he cracked out and relisted raw at a higher grade. :yeahok: (It for $20 less than he paid for it lol ).

Avoid.

Agree, avoid yeagerp. He sold me a "nice" copy of WSF 23 years ago, again with the small picture deal -- funny how he overlooked the popped top staple and split halfway down spine. Guess no one's perfect!

+1. I purchased a Weird Fantasy 21 listed in VF from him a few years back. When I got it, the book looked a little funny. Thankfully, I had another copy in lower grade and when I compared the two, the book from yeagerp was trimmed 3/8" on the right side. I told him this and returned it immediately w/ delivery confirmation and he issued a refund. A week later, the same book appears in a new listing, no trimming disclosed.

:censored:

yeagerp is currently the high bidder on one of my Pre-Code horror comic auctions on ebay. If he wins and flips, just remember his "nice" copy is a VG+, 4.5.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TALES-CRYPT-23-4-AL-FEDSTEIN-WALLY-WOOD-EC-/330528771248?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf50cccb0

We'll see what happens.

Thanks. We'll see how it goes. Sometimes other hobbies get in the way of good comics lol

What do you have the reserve at?

We'll see what happens.

What do you have the reserve at?

Would you consider shipping to Canada? I can't bid on your auction :cry: