• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Us Your Well-Centered Books

189 posts in this topic

Magazines shouldn`t be included in this thread. The quality assurance process was apparently much higher in the magazine production process, because miswrapped/poorly centered books seemed to be the exception rather than the norm, unlike comics.

For the same reason I didn`t post any Gold Key BA books, because miswrapped/poorly centered books were the exception rather than the rule.

Magazines shouldn`t be included in this thread. The quality assurance process was apparently much higher in the magazine production process, because miswrapped/poorly centered books seemed to be the exception rather than the norm, unlike comics.

For the same reason I didn`t post any Gold Key BA books, because miswrapped/poorly centered books were the exception rather than the rule.

Very true. I just went through my magazine collection, and, out of 405 issues, only 65 had a slight miswrap, and only 42 were miscut to any noticeable degree.

Love especially seeing everyone's unslabbed gems. Sometimes, the cover wrap can be perfect but there can still be slight imperfections with the cut of a comic:

TOD4.jpg

Thor205.jpg

HeroforHire1slab-1.jpg

Very true. I just went through my magazine collection, and, out of 405 issues, only 65 had a slight miswrap, and only 42 were miscut to any noticeable degree.

Actually, that`s a higher percentage than I would have expected. Man, QA really was in the toilet during the 70s!

Sometimes, the cover wrap can be perfect but there can still be slight imperfections with the cut of a comic

Yeah, that`s one of the thing that makes it such a challenge to find really perfect BA books, particularly Marvels, and particularly picture frame books. Even if the wrap is perfect, any miscut becomes glaringly obvious down the left because of the left edge of the picture frame and along the top edge because of the "Marvel Comics Group" banner that runs along the top.

104AV98.jpg

117AV96.jpg

How did a 9.6 get into your collection, Cheetah? :jokealert:

Beautiful books as always. (thumbs u

lol I don't think I own it anymore. It's got to be on Worldwide's web site by now. It was one of the first books I bought when I got back into collecting. I think I bought it from Worldsbestcomics at the first VCC I attended.

I was going to post more last night but photobucket was giving me a terrible time. Anyone else having problems with it?