• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feb. Heritage auction -- start saving your money!

56 posts in this topic

As I`m seeing more books appear in the previews, the range of PQ is pretty astounding considering they`re from the same collection. Lots of C-OW books, which wasn`t surprising from early disclosures about the collection, but more surprising is the number of W pages I`m now seeing. Seems like the Showcases were stored in a cool and dry vault while the Flashes were stored in a baking attic.

Wow, just saw a 9.6 Showcase 45. There is going to be insane bidding on that one.

I agree with Tim.

Take a look at the BIG scan of the Showcase 22 in the upcoming HA. The page edges appears to be OW/W and preserved very well. (thumbs u

Shelton showed me the two boxes of books in NYC and that Showcase #22 is one of books I saw in hand. It had really nice inks and was pretty fresh looking.

Roy, was it raw or slabbed when you saw it?

It was raw and we (Dale and I) thought it would slab about an 8.0 maybe 8.5

As I`m seeing more books appear in the previews, the range of PQ is pretty astounding considering they`re from the same collection. Lots of C-OW books, which wasn`t surprising from early disclosures about the collection, but more surprising is the number of W pages I`m now seeing. Seems like the Showcases were stored in a cool and dry vault while the Flashes were stored in a baking attic.

Wow, just saw a 9.6 Showcase 45. There is going to be insane bidding on that one.

I agree with Tim.

Take a look at the BIG scan of the Showcase 22 in the upcoming HA. The page edges appears to be OW/W and preserved very well. (thumbs u

Shelton showed me the two boxes of books in NYC and that Showcase #22 is one of books I saw in hand. It had really nice inks and was pretty fresh looking.

Roy, did you get to view the PQ? Just curious.

I agree with Tim.

Pretty sure the book will be pressed once sold. I suspect it might get an 8.5.

Pretty sure the book will be pressed before sold. I suspect it might get an 8.5.

Dale, already slabbed and got an 8.0. You were right.

(thumbs u

Looks like a very strong 8.0. hm Roy, why didn't you just buy that collection since you will do well with it?

We'd talked about it in Charlotte (May or June?) but I put it on the back burner and got busy with other things and Shelton eventually decided to sell it through Heritage.

Long story short once Shelton found out that the collection had a chance at Pedigree designation it was no longer for sale.

Pretty sure the book will be pressed before sold. I suspect it might get an 8.5.

Dale, already slabbed and got an 8.0. You were right.

(thumbs u

Hey, sorry went back to edit. I suspect it will upgrade to 8.5 if pressed.

Won't be squashed if I get it.

Looks like a very strong 8.0. hm Roy, why didn't you just buy that collection since you will do well with it?

We'd talked about it in Charlotte (May or June?) but I put it on the back burner and got busy with other things and Shelton eventually decided to sell it through Heritage.

Long story short once Shelton found out that the collection had a chance at Pedigree designation it was no longer for sale.

It's unfortunate that the timing was not good for you. Those DCs are blazing and it will be interesting to find out how the market will absorb it price wise.

It's unfortunate that the timing was not good for you. Those DCs are blazing and it will be interesting to find out how the market will absorb it price wise.

Yeah, it would have been really cool if it had worked out but I learned in a very clear manner this year that some things just aren't meant to be and that's cool. Either he was too busy or I was too busy whenever one of us had the time. I found a couple of really nice Silver Age collections this year so I'm happy. Shelton is a great guy and I hope it works out for him!

Why are they selling all the DC at one time. Don't they know they are just making money for flippers.

there are 40k books. borock has said they are going to be books from the collection for sale for a long time. has anyone ever made $ from flipping a DC? :D

not me; when i got out of my g.a. d.c. type set, i got hammered. and had some good stuff [for d.c.], too.