• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All-Star Boardie Quotes

105 posts in this topic

No, I don't.

I didn't think he was serious.

You have to watch people named Andrew. You never know when they might be serious. It comes in waves and when you least expect it. You don't want to get blindsided.

You may be right. I've never met an Andrew that something wasn't a little off with them.

Now James however... hm

Half the people in this place are called Andrew or Andy.

Which only proves my point further.

:baiting:

Dammit, you got me. :tonofbricks:

A call out to all Andrews! Rise up and we'll conquer the......hey! there's something shiny!

Shoplifters of the world........

In ancient Rome they held beauty contests (or 'forma certamen'), and it was a common practice for the losers to be pelted with butter (a great insult in Roman times). Hence, someone who is held up for an appraisal of their looks, but does not gain approval, is said to have a face that invites butter or a 'butter face'.

In ancient Rome they held beauty contests (or 'forma certamen'), and it was a common practice for the losers to be pelted with butter (a great insult in Roman times). Hence, someone who is held up for an appraisal of their looks, but does not gain approval, is said to have a face that invites butter or a 'butter face'.

Classic!

Classic!

Yup. It really is.