• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Journey Into Mystery 60

10 posts in this topic

Using the conans I got in the mail today with SenorMac graded as 6.0 fines as my base grade, I'm going to have to say that this grades

maybe lower with the tanning on the front top edge and what looks like water damage on the bottom lower edge, maybe 4.0.

Complete novice, put no weight on my Grading abilities.

The only experience I have is grading about 250 of my own comics, and upon regrading, i often gave it a totally way off grade...lol.

This book lays flat and is very glossy. The rear cover has the impact crease at the bottom of the back cover and it has transversed through the interior pages w/ small amount of moisture. I am hoping it hits the 6.0 to 6.5 mark but CGC is very impredictable. Certain things in the past such as very small spots or moisture really shove the grade down.

I would like to change my opinion.

In a car forum i belong to we often make the joke, "that will buff right out" when seeing pictures of cars in accidents.

I guess in the comic industry the proper comment would be, "that will press right out"

I guess that could press out to a....

Great book - I'm with you on this being an underrated era for the JIM title.

Is there a risk the top of the book has been trimmed? It looks freakishly razor-sharp, especially on the front.

That said, I'm with the rest of the bunch in opining the lower back cover issues drop this to the 5.5-6.0 range.