• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Hornet marathon on SyFy

27 posts in this topic

I've been watching it off and on since I got home from work. Bruce Lee and some of the swingin' '60s chicks are the best things about it. The car and gadgets are pretty cool, too.

I remember my friends and I going nuts when the Green Hornet and Kato made a guest appearance on "Batman" -- this was in the early '70s when Batman was in syndication, and Bruce Lee was already a legend to us. But no local station carried "The Green Hornet", so we didn't even know it existed...

I've been watching it off and on since I got home from work. Bruce Lee and some of the swingin' '60s chicks are the best things about it. The car and gadgets are pretty cool, too.

I remember my friends and I going nuts when the Green Hornet and Kato made a guest appearance on "Batman" -- this was in the early '70s when Batman was in syndication, and Bruce Lee was already a legend to us. But no local station carried "The Green Hornet", so we didn't even know it existed...

The only time I ever saw the GH & Kato was on Batman. I still haven't seen an episode of TGH. It just wasn't aired on the UHF stations of my youth. Damnit.

Hard to believe this was a one season show.

Ditto. It's a pretty good show.

Having not watched Green Hornet 1960`s show in a decade I really was surprised at how it held up better then the Adam West Batman 1960`s show,it seemed much more serious than the Adam West Batman show and much less campy. In other words it aged better then the Batman Adam West show.

2c

I had not seen this show in many, many uears. I hope they show it more now.

Slightly campy, but not near as bad as Batman. Looks like it is from the same outfit, but has a much classier vibe.

Worth watching just for Bruce Lee and the (George Barris?) modified Chrysler.

I like how all of the driving is on the backlot set, and Bruce never actually seems to steer.

Holds up fairly well. Extremely watchable. Two thumbs up.

Hard to believe this was a one season show.

Ditto. It's a pretty good show.

Having not watched Green Hornet 1960`s show in a decade I really was surprised at how it held up better then the Adam West Batman 1960`s show,it seemed much more serious than the Adam West Batman show and much less campy. In other words it aged better then the Batman Adam West show.

2c

+1. The show is more serious, and I appreciate that. The Adam West Batman is hard (for me) to watch now, since it's just so...campy. (shrug)

For me, the more serious "Green Hornet" show--which I did enjoy yesterday, btw--was harder to stomach as an adult than the self-consciously campy (and intentionally so) '60s "Batman" series, which I've seen many times since I was a kid.

A lighter touch sometimes goes a long way. And that series-ending two-part episode (the faux "alien invasion"--complete with central casting "heavies" in shiny silver suits--as a cover to steal an H-bomb) was pretty damn dated and terrible...Bruce Lee and the VERY vivacious Wende Wagner notwithstanding... :)

Still, I'd rather watch re-runs of almost ANY '60s TV show than most of the utter rubbish which passes for TV "entertainment" these days. So I applaud SyFy for their vintage marathons, and hope they keep airing them...!

The marathon was pretty cool. I only saw a few shows when I was a kid and remember almost nothing. Hopefully they'll release the entire series on DVD soon to coincide with the movie release.

Acting was cheesy of course, but at least there was a lot of use of outdoor shots and environments compared to the Batman show's many use of sound stages.