• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1974 Live Action spider-Man movie

8 posts in this topic

This used to be a staple at the New York comic conventions. Believe it was a student film that was partly financed by Phil Seuling, and was done on 16MM film.

Anyone remember anything about it or possibly have a copy of it?

rick rolled!!!

went to my kitchen served myself a nice hot cup of coffee while i waited for the video to load, was ready for a spidey short and .....

Console yourself with this if you haven't seen it -- silly fan-made Hulk meets Thing film that was apparently shown at Creation Cons in the 80s. One contributor was Bob Schreck who of course has since had a long and well-regarded career in the business.

http://www.co2comics.com/pages/Hulk_Meets_Thing.html

Aha. This sounds like what you're talking about. Quite the mystery, apparently:

http://www.fanfilmfollies.com/index.php/2010/03/21/ten-fan-films-that-we%E2%80%99ll-never-see/

Spider-Man Versus Kraven The Hunter

One of the earliest Spider-Man fan films beyond the 60’s Don Glut short is a webhead flick by Bruce Cardozo made in 1974. According to an article in the a 1975 issue of Marvel Fan Magazine the film features appearances by Kraven the Hunter and Gwen Stacy, and the story is based on issue fifteen of the comic book. Supposedly, the reason that Mr. Cardozo doesn’t want to put his film online present time is he doesn’t want to show the forces at Marvel and/or Sony how to do a good Spiderman film. I can’t imagine a fan film made in 1974 is going to spark any creative juices for the rebirth of the franchise that’s coming. I’m sure there’s some bad blood there because this was actually endorsed by Marvel and got the thumbs up from Stan Lee. If Cardozo is happening upon this page I have to tell you it’s been over 25 years my friend. Let it go and let the world see your work. Perhaps someday Cardozo will reconsider, but not betting I’ll ever be able to view this potential fan film classic.