• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYC people

42 posts in this topic

Not heading to Metro?

If I were in town I would have met up with you. I'm not in town this week.

Have a good visit.

Thanks Mark. And no, not going to Metro lol

Check out St. Marks Comics on St. Mark's Place (8th street). They had some nice silver last time I was there (expensive though)

Overpriced and over-graded junk. Just like 20 years ago.

Just get some fried chicken (and you get beer here as well) but I prefer the Boylan fountain sodas. It's some darn good fried chicken. I love this place. In fact, I'd hold forum dinners here, but it's not exactly conducive.

http://www.hillcountrychicken.com/

Went there with Miller, the chicken is outstanding!!

Yeah, Miller took me there the first time too. I felt like it might be a religious experience. It actually is yet another thing that makes me go to Metro, a quick trip down to Hill Country afterwards.

Thank you! I pride myself on knowing where all the best cr@ppy (ie bad for you) food in the city is. Actually Hill Country Chicken has a rather large room downstairs that could potential hold a big dinner but everyone would still have to order for themselves upstairs. If you like beef, ribs, etc., down the block is their first restaurant, Hill Country, which takes reservations and could probably hold a large function. I was there once and the Food Network was holding an event in the more private room downstairs - Guy Fieri was present and so was Katie Lee Joel.

Not heading to Metro?

Have a good visit.

Check out St. Marks Comics on St. Mark's Place (8th street). They had some nice silver last time I was there (expensive though)

The Time Machine, and Jim Hanleys were about the same. They had back issues, nothing HG, but pricing was steep. My favorite comic shop is still Zapp in NJ.

Not heading to Metro?

Have a good visit.

The Time Machine, and Jim Hanleys were about the same. They had back issues, nothing HG, but pricing was steep. My favorite comic shop is still Zapp in NJ.

Zapp is great. Did you catch there sale?

Not heading to Metro?

Have a good visit.

Zapp is great. Did you catch there sale?

Not this year, I usually go at least one day. I couldnt not work, so no dice on the fall one, maybe the next sale.

Not heading to Metro?

Have a good visit.

Was Roger there? Time Machine doesn't price most of their back issues, so it's a matter of negotiation, though for high grade stuff it could be harder to get him to come down.

Not heading to Metro?

Have a good visit.

Was Roger there? Time Machine doesn't price most of their back issues, so it's a matter of negotiation, though for high grade stuff it could be harder to get him to come down.

Always found Roger to be tremendously negotiable. Catch him when he needs money and the prices plummet. Though I don't shop there often, I have had some fantastic scores there and talking to Roger is always a pleasure.

Not heading to Metro?

Have a good visit.

Always found Roger to be tremendously negotiable. Catch him when he needs money and the prices plummet. Though I don't shop there often, I have had some fantastic scores there and talking to Roger is always a pleasure.

C'mon, Brian - tell the story! Just kidding...Roger is great.

Not heading to Metro?

Have a good visit.

C'mon, Brian - tell the story! Just kidding...Roger is great.

Roger is the Man. Hooked me up with the first batch of Davis Crippen "D Copy" pedigrees back in 96. And hooks me up with drinks every time we hang out. The thing with Rogers' is that; just like every other dealer, you want a good deal, you have to buy a lot.

I honestly didnt see anything I was interested in. I was looking for higher grade, but it did look like he had some nice 50s Supermans.

Generally the nicest graded stuff isn't on display. You have to ask generally. And it sort of cycles, sometimes he has it, sometimes he doesn't. But there's usually stuff you aren't seeing that's available.

Regardless, drinks don't hurt either.

I honestly didnt see anything I was interested in. I was looking for higher grade, but it did look like he had some nice 50s Supermans.

Generally the nicest graded stuff isn't on display. You have to ask generally. And it sort of cycles, sometimes he has it, sometimes he doesn't. But there's usually stuff you aren't seeing that's available.

I will go back at some time, my wife loves the Donut Pub. Hopefully I have better luck next go round :wishluck:

I will go back at some time, my wife loves the Donut Pub. Hopefully I have better luck next go round :wishluck:

FYI, F the Donut Pub because Doughnut Plant is opening on W. 23rd/7th Ave., right next to the infamous Chelsea Hotel very soon. Doughnut Plant first opened on the LES a few years ago and they make the most amazing, fresh, gourmet doughnuts you've ever had. Chocolate donuts made with Valhrona Chocolate, delicious seasonal donuts, and they only make so many each day and then close once they sell out. Next time you are in the city, you can act like an insider and take her there and she'll think you're extra cool and in the know.

http://www.doughnutplant.com/

Resurrection - aren't you in Philly? Dude, the best donuts in the world aren't too far away - Suzy Jo Donuts are hands down the best donuts you will ever eat. They just don't make 'em like this anymore. The glazed and the vanilla icing with cherry jelly filling are my favorites (though there are about six others that don't trail too far behind).

http://www.kingofprussia.com/suzyjodonuts/contact_us.asp

or

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Suzy-Jo-Donuts/96315483321?v=wall&filter=2

Resurrection - aren't you in Philly? Dude, the best donuts in the world aren't too far away - Suzy Jo Donuts are hands down the best donuts you will ever eat. They just don't make 'em like this anymore. The glazed and the vanilla icing with cherry jelly filling are my favorites (though there are about six others that don't trail too far behind).

http://www.kingofprussia.com/suzyjodonuts/contact_us.asp

or

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Suzy-Jo-Donuts/96315483321?v=wall&filter=2

I live in NJ. Actually the jersey shore, right by Point Pleasant. I like going to NYC over Philly as well, never been big on Philly except the Ramada show.