• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are minor league superheroes striking out?

31 posts in this topic

I've actually never watched War Zone (and probably never will).

And I highly doubt I'll ever see Green Hornet. :P

Do yourself a favor and NEVER watch Warzone. It's a complete waste of time.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=greenhornet.htm

Green Hornet brings in 11 Million at the B.O. on a what, 200 Million budget? :roflmao:

First Punisher as in Dolph or Thomas Jane.
(thumbs u

I may have only watched the Jane Punisher on regular TV :o I enjoyed the movie and thought Jane was fine for the role. Not really a big fan of Travolta as a villain. After his performance in Broken Arrow I shudder. His delivery of the line "Yeah ain't it cool." in that film is what I believe to be one of the worst acting performances of all time.

(thumbs u

I may have only watched the Jane Punisher on regular TV :o I enjoyed the movie and thought Jane was fine for the role. Not really a big fan of Travolta as a villain. After his performance in Broken Arrow I shudder. His delivery of the line "Yeah ain't it cool." in that film is what I believe to be one of the worst acting performances of all time.

I actually found Travolta's performance entertaining in Broken Arrow. Also, I have always thought that Christian Slater would make a believable Joker. (shrug)

His delivery of the line "Yeah ain't it cool." in that film is what I believe to be one of the worst acting performances of all time.

Followed closely by his uttering the line "Hush now, hush," after killing the bagman. And "Damn, what a rush!" after the EMP wave hit. Just profoundly horrible.

For me it is tied with John Lithgow's Cliffhanger villain for the worst villain performance by a decent actor.

Lithgow and decent actor in the same sentance...are you out of your mind?

As far as Travolta goes, Face Off was pretty terrible too.

Green Hornet - who wants to watch this ? I don't think SR is funny at all, mostly pathetic. Nobody desires "camp" in a cape-flick.

It's a no win situation.

Either,

A. The movie is gawd-awful (ie Jonah Hex)

or

B.no one has ever heard of the character, so no one goes

it's sad really, I've always wanted to see Hugh Laurie as Dr. strange

Wow!

I never even thought of that but that's a f'in awesome idea!!! (thumbs u

Make a very good/great movie, people will go to see it. (DK, IM, Spidey 2, etc) Make a turd and advertise the bejeesus out of it and people will see it the first weekend and then it will disappear. (Ghost Rider, Hulk, Hulk, DD, etc).

This is what it is all about. Just make a decent movie and it will do well. No one was worried about Iron man being "2nd tier." That first movie was fast-paced, funny and good. I saw it with my (comic-hating) brother and my brother's girlfriend and they loved it. I knew it was going to be hit. They just have to be good.

Ditto. My 15 old daughter was convinced to hate Iron Man and after seeing it she loved it.

Make a good movie and it will succeed. Make a poor movie and it will bomb.

People need to speak with their wallets and Hollywood will listen. It's the only thing they will listen to.

lol

(thumbs u

I actually found Travolta's performance entertaining in Broken Arrow. Also, I have always thought that Christian Slater would make a believable Joker. (shrug)

Well of course Christian Slater would make a believable Joker since he always acts like Jack Nicholson.