• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some info about acid free Tape.

25 posts in this topic

I believe tape of any kind is a danger to my precious comic books. I don't want it anywhere near my collection. How many times do you have to flirt with disaster pulling a book out of a bag having to pass by "the tape gauntlet" every time before people stop putting tape near their books. Haven't we all been burned at one time or other?

Knowing that, why would anyone leave the tape on the bag when they pull the comic out?

Anyone that does deserves to have the tape stick to the front of the comic.

True, but have you ever tried taking tape off mylar? Not pretty.

Simple solution (especially for valuable books): double-bagging, ...larger, sealed mylar bag on outside; interior mylar bag untaped/unglued. (thumbs u

That's not a bad idea, It's just a lot of mylar between the book and I as I gaze with affection at it's glossy goodness. DiceX has a good point also. I've only ever used one or two kinds of scotch tape.

Hello, I do not use any tape or glue to seal mylars on comic books. Never, I just get cgc boxes for all my comics since the comics never reach the top. For silver age comics I just add extra acid free cardboard on each side to make a better fit. But I do use masking tape (1") to fold over and seal the mylite bags for the cgc graded comics.