• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern already being compared to Clash of the Titans!?

58 posts in this topic

Green Lantern A "Troubled Production" And "Terrible" Movie?

While talking about Blake Lively's career, a Hollywood agent has claimed that the movie is supposed to be terrible, while Vulture mention that its been a troubled production so far...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=28168&t=iGreen_Lanterni_A_Troubled_Production_And_Terrible_Movie

I'm in no rush to watch this film either, but I have to say that this an unusual thing for someone to allege 5 months out from the films release. This may be sour grapes, but the agent comes off desperate in the article, and his client looks like she's deflating in that dress.

please don't PM the link to showcase22gr1959 or kimik - don't know if they'll be able to survive

Jeez, are those two still hoarding Showcase 22's? Kinda reminds me of the knuckleheaded speculators that cornered the market on Howard the Duck #1's during the run up to its mega-flop.

i don't understand the appeal of ryan reynolds. yes, he is a very good looking guy, but that's it. he's so frigging boring in everything i've ever seen him in. very whitebread. my wife agrees. understanding he does really look the part of hal jordan who is a stiff whitebread type... but seriously, it took GL 35+ years to even be remotely interesting (if you include the GA version) ....

I know a lot of people want SC22 to crash...let the market decide. Keep fighting as it continues to climb. Now what is high, time will tell.

I'm being facetious...and don't care what the future holds for SC22 since it's not in my collecting interests.

Although you'll have to admit the recent speculation in SC22 has a lot to do with the expectations of a movie bump, particularly a successful one.

I know a lot of people want SC22 to crash...let the market decide. Keep fighting as it continues to climb. Now what is high, time will tell.

I think Showcase 22 will continue to climb, the Green Lantern animated series will be by Bruce Timm on the Cartoon Network. Just being on the Cartoon Network on a weekly basis is actually a bigger win in the long run then what any one comic book movie would do for popularity. (thumbs u

I'm being facetious...and don't care what the future holds for SC22 since it's not in my collecting interests.

Although you'll have to admit the recent speculation in SC22 has a lot to do with the expectations of a movie bump, particularly a successful one.

I'll be holding my 8.5 for quite a while regardless what the market dictates. For SC22, it's really a fact of supply and demand.

I think Showcase 22 will continue to climb, the Green Lantern animated series will be by Bruce Timm on the Cartoon Network. Just being on the Cartoon Network on a weekly basis is actually a bigger win in the long run then what any one comic book movie would do for popularity. (thumbs u

I agree. DC is hoping GL will lead them to more DC movies, cartoons, and merchandise. The success of GL will be great for the comic industry.

Kinda reminds me of the knuckleheaded speculators that cornered the market on Howard the Duck #1's during the run up to its mega-flop.

What? There was a Howard the Duck megaflop?

:ohnoez::cry:

Time to start offloading Howard books for pennies on the dollar.

This may be sour grapes, but the agent comes off desperate in the article, and his client looks like she's deflating in that dress.

Sour grapes? It's damage control and protecting his client from the eventual fallout of the POS production. Whenever this has happened, and it has quite a few times, the movie is always a steaming pile of :censored:.

It takes a potentially career-threateningly-bad movie for an agent to act like this.

This may be sour grapes, but the agent comes off desperate in the article, and his client looks like she's deflating in that dress.

Sour grapes? It's damage control and protecting his client from the eventual fallout of the POS production. Whenever this has happened, and it has quite a few times, the movie is always a steaming pile of :censored:.

It takes a potentially career-threateningly-bad movie for an agent to act like this.

:ohnoez: :ohnoez:

:ohnoez: :ohnoez:

:gossip: Time to start dumping those GL books you been hoarding, with dreams of making a mint.

Kinda reminds me of the knuckleheaded speculators that cornered the market on Howard the Duck #1's during the run up to its mega-flop.

What? There was a Howard the Duck megaflop?

:ohnoez::cry:

Time to start offloading Howard books for pennies on the dollar.

C'mon that a late 70's book with zillion of copies. The last Howard the Duck #1 in 9.8 sold for over $2K. :o