• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clink Jan or "Rocky Mountains Too High, Colorado"

77 posts in this topic

I know it isn't CLink but I got a kick out of this one one Pedigree. Someone paid $29,000 for an Avengers 16 9.6 a couple of years ago and it has been slowly coming back to earth. It crashed tonight with a high bid of $3950 that didn't make reserve.

It's just not that key of a book.

Far as I can tell, the guy who paid the $29K has been gone from the market since late 2009. He was setting huge records all year long on Census-topping issues across the Marvel Silver Age.

Does anyone else see more books at Pedigree they are looking at this month than on CLink?

Or did I just give something away, doh! damn!

I think this is one of the ComicLink off-months...they only seem to have big auctions jam-packed with quality stuff every three months. They have some term for it--what is it, the big ones are "Featured" auctions and the little ones are "Focused" auctions? I forget. So yea, the Pedigree stuff was looking better tonight. I'm not even sure if I won anything yet, put a few bids in I thought were low, but I know I won this one, probably the easiest early FF to get in high grade:

1024034014.jpg

so is this the win thread or what, ???

1 loss, two wins

all this jumping back between Pedigree and Clink. :ohnoez:

Clink with the countdown :golfclap:

Pedigree with the constant refresh page :eek:

here is one win

Nice Doc!!!! WOW! (thumbs u

I lost one and won these two. Really happy with one price, the other.... mas o menos.

RAD9DC8720101119_13424.jpg

RAD367A02010122_13524.jpg

I was the underbidder on the #48 :foryou:

I picked up these three instead ...

RAD618BA2010122_134158.jpg

RAD8D4F72010122_135346.jpg

RAD60B662010122_13576.jpg

I know it isn't CLink but I got a kick out of this one one Pedigree. Someone paid $29,000 for an Avengers 16 9.6 a couple of years ago and it has been slowly coming back to earth. It crashed tonight with a high bid of $3950 that didn't make reserve.

av1696white.jpg

i think that's worse than the NM 98 CGC 9.9 doh!

far from the only example: ASM #45 9.8 sold for $14k in 2009, tonight $1950

FF #40 9.6 sold for $14k in 2009, tonight $2250

I am quite certain whoever purchased the books at those prices would be intelligent enough to not be surprised at the turnaround in price compared to what he had paid. :tonofbricks:

After all, no rational person would really expect to be able to make any money by flipping the books so quickly after paying such an over the top price for them in the first place. Unless of course, it was Doug "selling" to himself again. lol

Maybe the OS guide is much more relevant in the marketplace than what some people give them credit for. Sometime collectors have a very selective memory and remember only the flashy headline grabbing sales figures as opposed to what the other 99.9% of the real market is doing. hm

Far as I can tell, the guy who paid the $29K has been gone from the market since late 2009. He was setting huge records all year long on Census-topping issues across the Marvel Silver Age.

I guess we should thank him for helping to boost the economy during the financial crisis with his profligate spending.

There are some really sweet books in this auction

I would have had an amazing Adams Superman collection .......if I had been the highest bidder doh!

Another sweet Superboy

superboy158.jpg

hm