• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK, Marvel Zombies...

46 posts in this topic

JLA! 893whatthe.gif cos to put together a NM 9.4 run or higher is hard as HELL! acclaim.gif

JLA?...nah...that ain't hard....just expensive,...hard is trying to put together a NM collection of Challengers of the Unknown....

I would also select Showcase and/or B&B. I think Action, Detective, and Superman are all too large in scope to attempt. Not to mention costly. A Sensation or Wonder Woman run would be fun, as well as a Flash run.

I think DiceX might choose an Aquaman run..but you'd have ot ask him. 27_laughing.gif

whatever, sleeping.gif go back to playing with your WW comics. blush.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif PFFFTTT....I could put together a NM run of JLA 1-110 in less than a year.....put the bong down and clear your head for a moment

Let's see....Blazin Bob has 10 copies in 9.4 or better.......PGC has another 17 in 9.4 or better,....and OH LOOK!!!....Comiclink has a mere 45 copies in 9.4 or better,....Jeez....with enuf cash I could be done by Mid-night.. blush.gif...

Being a DC Zombie and considering I am already putting together some runs (most noteably B&B). If I had Tripps money I would put together:

A complete HG run of Superman's girlfriend LL

A complete HG Sea Devils and

A complete HG HOM.

cloud9.gif

The HOM in HG would be a killer. Those early books just don't seem to exist in 9.4 and up.... and lets not even start on the scarcity of #5 or #10 .....but what a run to brag on if you ever got them all in HG. cloud9.gif

whatever, sleeping.gif go back to playing with your WW comics. blush.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif PFFFTTT....I could put together a NM run of JLA 1-110 in less than a year.....put the bong down and clear your head for a moment

Slabbed NM? Maybe 30-110, but I would bow in your direction every day if you could assemble 1-29 in CGC 9.4 or better, even with Tripps money. Some don't exist in the census (yet), and many of those that do exist are in private hands that are unlikely to release them anytime in the near future.

Best 2 titles to assemble, because of value and historical significance, are:

1. Showcase (by a mile -- it's got the first appearances of SA Flash, GL and Atom, plus Challengers, Rip Hunter, Adam Strange, etc.)

2. Flash (this one's more open to debate, as most of the other titles have merit, but this was the first SA DC character and the first SA DC character's own title)

1. Showcase (by a mile -- it's got the first appearances of SA Flash, GL and Atom, plus Challengers, Rip Hunter, Adam Strange, etc.)

2. Flash (this one's more open to debate, as most of the other titles have merit, but this was the first SA DC character and the first SA DC character's own title)

Have to disagree......B&B by far is more important than Showcase....

ist SA Hawkman

ist JLA

ist Teen Titans

ist Metamorpho

let alone a number of 3rd tier firsts. cloud9.gif

My personal faves for Silver Age DC are Green Lantern and Superman/Action/Adventure.

For me, GL has Gil Kane's best work in comics, some cool Sci-Fi-ish story lines, and ten cent cover prices that are nearly impossible to find in high grade. The 14 O'Neil/Adams collaborations are a high water mark of the Silver Age.

The Supes books from '57 to '63 introduced a ton of great characters and story lines (Braniac, Bizarro, the Legion, a rainbow of kryptonite variants, etc), and are also exceptionally rare in high grade.

The only things missing are Stan's hip sense of humor, and Jack's cinematic touches and awesome machines.

ist SA Hawkman

ist JLA

ist Teen Titans

ist Metamorpho

Sorry, was this tongue-in-cheek?

ist SA Hawkman

ist JLA

ist Teen Titans

ist Metamorpho

Sorry, was this tongue-in-cheek?

A bunch of first SA appearances do not carry more historical weight than JLA and Teen Titans. Both are which are far more relevant DC groups today than the Flash. makepoint.gif