• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Classics Inc offers on-site pressing in conjunction w/CGC on-site grading

414 posts in this topic

Thank you Resurrection.

Res has multiple posts for Joey. Do you two live together? lol

Sharon is a woman scorned.

Anyone else care to contribute? Anyone?

Let me repeat the questions:

If Joey had as much business as Classics, would he take as long? Would he charge as much?

Joey, are you willing and able to answer this question?

Help!

If pressing were my only job I can answer without hesitation and reservation that I would be considerably faster than Matt in not only getting books done but delivered to CGC. You could have figured that out yourself to a degree based on geography alone.

The rates? I can only assume rates will go up based on level of expertise, etc but would they approach Matts prices. Not anytime soon. I don't price myself out of getting work. Not with the tanking Bronze and Moderns have taken.

Thanks Joey.

I have learned a lot from this thread.

There is enough business to go around no need for negativity.

The does that mean? meh

I think it means we should all do this....

108742.jpg

that's gator on his mission; the indigenous have been trying to convert him to realize what a terrible head coach muschamp is going to be, and just how pitiful the '11 recruiting class is.

There is enough business to go around no need for negativity.

The does that mean? meh

I think it means we should all do this....

108742.jpg

that's gator on his mission; the indigenous have been trying to convert him to realize what a terrible head coach muschamp is going to be, and just how pitiful the '11 recruiting class is.

So, he's already assuming the position?

While I appreciate the kind comments, I do want to say something, because I was not looking for a "fight" yesterday.

I believe Mod6 may have set aside some of the posts while purging them. It's the only logical explanation because my post responding to Tupenny's is back. I'm not sure how posts are purged, but that seems to be the case at times (they are kind of placed in limbo) and my post was put back.

Matt Nelson was one of the first people I ever spoke to on eBay, he was very nice, he's always pleasant in person, much different than his responses on here and much different than he was in a few emails. It's why I always tried to be supportive of him, and why I tried to work with him even though I was disappointed more than a few times. He's also EXTREMELY talented and VERY busy, he's involved in many projects as you can see by the Pedigree thread. I think stress affects people in different ways.

I'm sure he'd be a much more interesting dinner partner, I'm usually half asleep after one drink...but he probably does not bake as well as I do l;)

I also must admit I read the shilling threads very carefully and while I was trying to be very supportive in the beginning, I was very disappointed after viewing the evidence...and that probably also influenced my decisions.

I also still think that pressing is some form of restoration...:baiting:

I also still think that pressing is some form of restoration

i disagree, but i do have to listen pretty hard to someone who types in purple. if some gold gets thrown in there, i may become a convert.

i disagree, but i do have to listen pretty hard to someone who types in purple. if some gold gets thrown in there, i may become a convert.

Close enough, Billy;) ? and everyone can disagree, lol

Just got done removing more shill posts from a (multiple) banned member.

Part of the problem with removing these posts is that any post that quotes OR replies to it gets automatically pulled as well.

For instance in this post, I am not quoting anyone, but I am posting in "Reply" to Comicopolis, so if his post was pulled, this post (and any that quoted or replied to mine) would be automatically pulled.

Your best bet is 1. If you are not quoting a post, hit the "Reply" button from the OP, and 2. encourage the person(s) behind the shills to frequent a message board where they have yet to be banned.

If Joey had as much business as Classics, would he take as long? Would he charge as much?

Joey, are you willing and able to answer this question?

Why should he? Who cares. You're asking hypothetical questions that no one can answer

Why should he?

Because I asked? Because I am a potential customer? (shrug)

Hypothetical questions? No one can answer?

Not exactly. Many start-up businesses sell goods/perform services at a loss or break even in the beginning to attract a customer base. If business picks up without adding staff, services could take longer. When starting a business, it is always a good idea to plan for the future and think ahead. Joey answered the question just fine.

It's not necessary to be a Wharton graduate to know these things.

twinkling-star.gif Pressing is not restoration. twinkling-star.gif