• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Archie 1 8.5 blue in upcoming Heritage Auction!

48 posts in this topic

not to me. actually that's exactly the sort of book I'd love to have - the colors look great and the white pages are fantastic, the very slight spine stress and bindery chip I can live with. Can never tell from a jpg but looks like the sort of book that would have fantastic eye appeal in person

edit - wait, I see some spine stress I didn't notice before near the staple. I see what you mean, but man those edges look awful purty.

No doubt it is a beautful book and thus far the best in the census, but I have silver age books that are 8.5's and look a heckuva lot better than this.

I don't think it's a GA bump... as the "Nik Tomahawk" book shows, sometimes they just get the grade wrong. It looks like a solid 8.0 though. The price will be interesting to see.

Pictures worth 1000 words, maybe more :sumo:That red is strangely NEON

And blinding! :grin:

Yes, but the ice sure looks a little brownish and dirty to me, or is it like this on all of the Archie #1 books?

And the stress lines are significant enough to take it down to an 8.0 grade from my point of view.

Pictures worth 1000 words, maybe more :sumo:That red is strangely NEON

And blinding! :grin:

Yes, but the ice sure looks a little brownish and dirty to me, or is it like this on all of the Archie #1 books?

And the stress lines are significant enough to take it down to an 8.0 grade from my point of view.

The ice is meant to look like a pond, brownish and dirty, but on most copies it looks far dirtier and browner. This is far and away the best copy I've ever seen of this book and I've been looking at every available copy for decades.

Pictures worth 1000 words, maybe more :sumo: That red is strangely NEON

You guys are nuts.... that is a beautiful book.

Look at the outer corners and edges, and those colors glow. 8.5s can have spine stress, a little staining and some corner wear, even in Silver Age.

Overall appearance of that book is solidly VF plus.

Pictures worth 1000 words, maybe more :sumo: That red is strangely NEON

You guys are nuts.... that is a beautiful book.

Look at the outer corners and edges, and those colors glow. 8.5s can have spine stress, a little staining and some corner wear, even in Silver Age.

Overall appearance of that book is solidly VF plus.

Scanner colors might be a touch off but I think it's still a nice looking book!

Here is a larger scan.

ArchieComics1CGC8_5Heritage.jpg