• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So the Wonder Woman TV show is happening

55 posts in this topic

Entertainment Weekly is reporting that NBC has picked up David E. Kelley's new "Wonder Woman" pilot after all! The network was the final one to pass on the show over a week ago, but that was before the new regime headed by chairman Robert Greenblatt was officially in place in light of the impending Comcast takeover. The magazine reports:

One factor that seemed to have sunk the Wonder Woman project the first time around was the price of rebooting the series, with the studio requiring a rich license fee to bring the iconic character back to life. But then, NBC has been down this road before: It rebooted Bionic Woman. Kelley’s take incorporated the superhero’s signature lasso, cuffs, and plane in the -script, and insiders said it was a serious, non-campy take on the DC Comics character.

Now the big question is who should play Wonder Woman?

Wow! I was surprised that David E. Kelley couldn't get such an iconic character to fly with a network, but even more surprised one changed its mind. Very cool.

More important than who plays Wonder Woman will likely be who scripts and directs the first few episodes.

Cobie Smulders and Sofia Vergara will never work as they are major stars on hit shows and cant be missed

Yeah I know, but I'm a little leary of David Kelley taking this on. I liked Picket Fences and loved all of Boston Legal(except the last season). He a bit quarky for the Amazon princess. IMHO. :)

Yeah, she's terrific! Whatever they do I hope they don't choose somebody skinny. WW is supposed to be a Greek Amazon.

Sheldon from Big Bang Theory says they were "beefy gals". :applause:

beefy gals.

:cloud9: