• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Today has been the best day of my life.

112 posts in this topic

I had a great experience staying in Tokyo (not sure if that's where you'll be, Lauren?) for a couple of weeks many years ago. It's a fascinating place to explore, and the culture shock may not be as great as one might think -- younger people usually know some English (I found it was offered to me more than in many a European city), and there's a surprising amount of English found in street signage, pop culture, the subway etc. And last but not least, some great people there. I'm sure you'll have a blast. (thumbs u

I know tons of non-Japanese speaking expats who currently live in or have lived in Tokyo with no problems at all. It`s a very easy place for a non-Japanese speaker to live in and get around, although obviously a lot of flavor of the place will be lost if you don`t speak at least some.

The farther you get from Tokyo, the tougher it is, even in big cities like Osaka and Nagoya, although still possible to get by.

I won't be in Tokyo. I actually don't want to stay there. :)

You sure now? Being smashed into a train is quite the experience.

subwayushers.jpg

:eek:

Hey I could find work in Japan after all. Train Smasher............ I am a natural