• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronze-Age key list

7 posts in this topic

I know that there are a lot of Bronze Age collectors on this board, so I was wondering if anyone had a compiled list of major and 2nd tier keys(to me, Neal Adams covers are keys) of the bronze age(Marvel and DC) up to and including 1975. I need help particularly on the DC end, especially with all those horror books running around. Any help would be great, especially if it'll save me some time from straining my eyes and the spine of my HC Overstreet.

Holy MOS!

Getting a full Neal Adams cover list was one of my priorities, and not only is there a list, but full images and un-used covers as well.

Thanks Bro!

By the way MOS, if you're into modern books, you should check out the current Batman run, starting from #608 w/Jim Lee, if you haven't already. Good stuff.

I agree with you, I should because not only am I interested in Batman as a character, but Jim Lee is one of my favorite modern artists. Where do you think I could get the best deal? Maybe I should pay a visit to the local paperback exchange/comic shop? Ya know what's funny? I havn't visited a comic shop more than 3 times in the past 9 years! laugh.gif I could probably get a discount on new stuff, but the cover prices are still too high IMO. Although, I've been thinking about making regular visits if for no other reason than to meet other collectors in my area. I dunno, I'm still tossing around the idea.

I just ran by 2 comic stores today, one to make a CGC submission, and the other to pick up money owed to me, and in both places the first issue of the run(608) was marked up above cover. Alternatively, because of demand the book is already in a second printing, so I'm guessing you could grab one of those for cover. I would check in your area though. Either way, it will be worth it, especially if you like his art. Jim Lee, and Batman go well together.

Excellent resource on Adams issues!!

Here's my contribution, the DC Bronze non-Adams keys list (major + minor).

This is based upon the issue's contents, not cover alone.

Kirby's 4th World

- New Gods 1, 2, 3, 7

- Mr. Miracle 1, 9

- Forever People 1, 2, 3, 8

- Jimmy Olsen 133, 134 (ok, Adams inks the cover of 134)

Wrighton Swamp Thing

- House of Secrets 94

- Swamp Thing 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

Kaluta Shadow

- Shadow 1,2,3,4,6

Batman, non-Adams

- Detective 437, 438, 439, 440, 441, 442, 443 (Goodwin & Simonson Manhunter)

Others

- JLA 100-102, 107-108 (JSA x-overs)

- Adventure 431 first Aparo Spectre

- Teen Titans 25

- Wonder Woman 199,200 (Jeff Jones covers)

- Hot Wheels 5 (no kidding... all Alex Toth story & art)

- Superboy 197,200 (overlooked Dave Cockrum Legion of Super-Heroes)

Cheers,

Z.