• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Comic Con May 21-22 @ Irving Convention Center

172 posts in this topic

"spawn and youngblood"

"Brigade and Freak Force"

Man, you guys are asking a lot!

1) Shark

2) Aggiez

3) sl4ppy

4) mrmitchgro

5) jaster-mereel

6) mysterio

7) DavidMerryweather (definite maybe)

8) Bubbagump (definite maybe as well)

9) john72tex

10) musicmeta

11) BeachBum

12) Ajl007 (75% sure)

13) Stronguy

14) Buffyfan (probably)

15) MyNameIsLegion

16) WeirdPaper

17) dnuggett

18) tigerscomics (probably)

Up to 18 boardies now. What are your thoughts about having a board dinner on Saturday night? I've never been in Dallas and would need ideas on a good place to eat fairly close to the con and hotels.

Just thought I would throw a little fuel onto the excitement fire. But look for a HUGE announcement regarding a very special opportunity with Stan Lee in Dallas to be made by DWC within the week. :whistle:

hm

Dinner with Stan maybe? :whee:

There is a Saltgrass steakhouse fairly close. Does anyone know where they are going to stay? There is a nice La Quinta inn close with a great continental breakfast.

I plan on driving down from OKC early Saturday morning (about a 3 hour drive) for the show and will stay Saturday night. So I'll check out that La Quinta Inn on the web and see about making a reservation.

I had mentally budgeted $50 for Fisher, so that would fit with my assumption. Between her and Stan that'll be the most I've spent on autographs at a show. Her auto will be a great addition to my cast signed "Revenge of the Jedi" (reprint) poster I have been working on seemingly forever. I already have Prowse, Baker, Mayhew, Daniels, and got Billy Dee at WW Austin last year. It has been a fun project.

unless someone shows up with a pile of 100 comics :ohnoez:

Yeah, but if he has a limit then that guy would either need a lot of friends or has to get back in line a lot. At WW Austin last year Mike Grell had a limit of I think 2 books he would sign free and then charged a small fee per book above the limit. I thought that was a reasonable way to go about it.

Just bought our tickets and booked the room at the La Quinta. :banana: It was $65 + tax for the night, which isn't bad at all. Here is the hotel link if anyone else is interested:

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ6258&propId=6258&WT.mc_id=EMCFNAME&IATA=99020582

I also pre-paid for one Stan Lee and one Carrie Fisher auto (and yes, Fisher is $50), and it was convenient to buy everything all at once. I just wish they had a discounted 2 day ticket as opposed to buying individual tickets for both Saturday and Sunday. No big deal though.