• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TALES TO ASTONISH/TALES OF SUSPENSE HIGH GRADE FOR SALE! DTACOLLECTIBLES!

48 posts in this topic

Give me a break. I think that insulting our intelligence is bad form! Did you read the advertising in the original post?

"As an exclusive offer to CGC forum members we have hand-picked these books from our extensive inventory and are offering them at an extreme discount. (My bold italics)

But you get "FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING"... :baiting:

:shrug:

Give me a break. I think that insulting our intelligence is bad form! Did you read the advertising in the original post?

"As an exclusive offer to CGC forum members we have hand-picked these books from our extensive inventory and are offering them at an extreme discount. (My bold italics)

But you get "FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING"... :baiting:

:shrug:

:hail:

On the whole, I'd say this is probably the forum with the most educated buyers in the hobby regarding comic values. Anybody trying to sell overpriced comics here is soon going to find out that they are wasting their time. 2c

As for driving traffic to their site, they're probably more likely to put buyers off of going there.

Why pay $175 for a VF+ TOS 73 when you can get a VF/VF+ one for only $60

:o

Is that the same book? :o Indeed...

This is the problem with this sales thread. Selling in two places and not exclusive to this forum. And to think the price is so much less expensive on eBay? (tsk)

Its not the same book, so there is no problem. If you will look at both, it is easy to tell.

I tend to agree with Nick, the logo, advertising etc are not appropriate for this forum.

Yeah, maybe a bit overboard for here..but it's still ok to me.

I really couldn't believe the pricing..... I thought for sure that the price was BEFORE discount.... For the short period of time I've been here, I've noticed that buyers and sellers KNOW whats going on in the comic world!!! When I saw this sale and price, I thought to myself that's fk ing absurd.... Then I thought there had to be a reason .... Now that I see the link to his eBay store, it makes PERFECT sense...... As for rubbing him the wrong way, I'm not to worried about offending someone who offers a book for 2-3 times book value and calls it a discount.... Let alone an EXTREME discount......

On the whole, I'd say this is probably the forum with the most educated buyers in the hobby regarding comic values. Anybody trying to sell overpriced comics here is soon going to find out that they are wasting their time. 2c

As for driving traffic to their site, they're probably more likely to put buyers off of going there.

this is true for all but g.a.tor's selling threads--because we know what he looks like, we pay alot more than the books are worth in the hopes it will make him focus more on his profits and less on the mirror every morning.