• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The paper trail..

232 posts in this topic

The book you subbed Supa, was it a piece added to cover. And amateur? Kind of easy to spot that stuff alot of the time.

Pat, are you implying that the seller did something to restore the book? I doubt it.

I had amateur color touch on a book that CGC missed. It happens.

(shrug)

So I am reading the story of the Blue Label resub as PLOD. And aside from the fact that I (personally) have my doubts that CGC missed amateur resto the first go-round, but the fact the label and pedigree designation were not sent in when re-subbed. I find it disturbing that anyone would willingly choose to leave out the pedigree designation? The fact that the book at one time was part of a special collection, and probably bought and sold at premiums. Is now a common label book with amateur resto is disheartening. For the sake of a few bucks you choose to lose the paper trail (designation) in hopes of monetary gain and not having anyone know the book has been "upgraded"? Very sad.. It makes me miss guys like Mitch and Brad who would have had the whole thing figured out in an hour...

rantrant ended

Did you actually read the thread or did you just go ballistic when you find out the book lost the ped designation?

No apologizes needed. To be honest, I didnt even realize it was a Pedigree when I opened it. I bought with full intentions on hoping for a .5 or 1.0 grade bump on a re-sub to make a profit. With that profit I will buy the comics that I really want to collect. Ive been doing this to help fund my personal collection. Ive done pretty good so far!

So I am reading the story of the Blue Label resub as PLOD. And aside from the fact that I (personally) have my doubts that CGC missed amateur resto the first go-round, but the fact the label and pedigree designation were not sent in when re-subbed. I find it disturbing that anyone would willingly choose to leave out the pedigree designation? The fact that the book at one time was part of a special collection, and probably bought and sold at premiums. Is now a common label book with amateur resto is disheartening. For the sake of a few bucks you choose to lose the paper trail (designation) in hopes of monetary gain and not having anyone know the book has been "upgraded"? Very sad.. It makes me miss guys like Mitch and Brad who would have had the whole thing figured out in an hour...

rantrant ended

Did you actually read the thread or did you just go ballistic when you find out the book lost the ped designation?

No apologizes needed. To be honest, I didnt even realize it was a Pedigree when I opened it. I bought with full intentions on hoping for a .5 or 1.0 grade bump on a re-sub to make a profit. With that profit I will buy the comics that I really want to collect. Ive been doing this to help fund my personal collection. Ive done pretty good so far!

The word "Rockford" on the CGC label just meant CGC was a fan of the 70's TV show with James Garner?

rantrant ended

I am actually not trying to put the OP on blast Roy. I am really more concerned with ditching the pedigree designation over the resto. Could CGC have missed a piece added by a collector, maybe. But thats really not the focus of the conversation.

Really this is more of a conversation about the designation then it is the person who has the book. Its one of those situations where we are talking about the book someone owns, but not the owner. Make sense?

If/ when a buyer buys this book, can they then resub the book with the old label from the seller and get the Pedigree status reinstated?

Do the Rockford books have any markings/identification that would allow CGC to identify the book without the old label anyway?

Are hookers more important than comic books???

If/ when a buyer buys this book, can they then resub the book with the old label from the seller and get the Pedigree status reinstated?

Do the Rockford books have any markings/identification that would allow CGC to identify the book without the old label anyway?

I would have to assume 1 of 2 things. The book isnt the actual Rockford, as the photos shown the label does not look to be in the slab. You would need to have a list of sellers leading back to the original sales. And most likely after everything that has happened, no.

I would have to assume 1 of 2 things. The book isnt the actual Rockford, as the photos shown the label does not look to be in the slab. You would need to have a list of sellers leading back to the original sales. And most likely after everything that has happened, no.

The pictures taken in the thread stated he kept the label and for the pictures just laid the label on top of the slab. At this point, I think you have to take the seller at face value when he says the book was a Rockford. I also don't think, at this point, the book was resubbed trying to ditch the pedigree and cleanse the book.

Common sense dictates that the seller would not state that and then try to sell the book on these same boards as a Rockford. Now, common sense is not that common but you have to give people the benefit of the doubt sometimes.

I would say the best course of action would be to bring the book to the attention of CGC and see what can be done. I like pedigrees just as much as the next guy but I would be more concerned with the missing of amateur restoration.

Finally, you have avoided the more important question as bolded above. :taptaptap:

The pictures taken in the thread stated he kept the label and for the pictures just laid the label on top of the slab. At this point, I think you have to take the seller at face value when he says the book was a Rockford. I also don't think, at this point, the book was resubbed trying to ditch the pedigree and cleanse the book.

Common sense dictates that the seller would not state that and then try to sell the book on these same boards as a Rockford. Now, common sense is not that common but you have to give people the benefit of the doubt sometimes.

I would say the best course of action would be to being the book to the attention of CGC and see what can be done. I like pedigrees just as much as the next guy but I would be more concerned with the missing of amateur restoration.

Finally, you have avoided the more important question as bolded above. :taptaptap:

No is my answer

I would say the best course of action would be to being the book to the attention of CGC and see what can be done. I like pedigrees just as much as the next guy but I would be more concerned with the missing of amateur restoration.

No is my answer

My unofficial tally puts you in the minority. :sorry: