• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #1 Sells on eBay for $107K in CGC 9.6--what do you think?

8 posts in this topic

ASM 1 is one of the most common SA keys though it has very hi-demand. It came out relatively late at 1963 & had the FF prominently on the front cover. That is why u will find many copies of raw & slabbed ASM 1 around compared to Hulk 1, AF 15 or Show 4, 8, 22.

Since it hammered at a "mere" $107k, this must be the official start of the market correction phase of Cgc? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Yes, I agree there are lots of copies out there, but not lots of NM 9.6 copies of one of the most key books period. Spidey is the best known comic character in the world today, and his books keep going up and up for the early issues in NM. Will this trend stop? When? Why? Finally, what's the wing-speed velocity of a coconut-laden swallow?

V/R,

Mike

That's alot of money to pay....especially since it's not really the origin or "first appearance". If ASM 1 sells for this much, how much do you think an AF 15 in the same grade would go for? I'm guessing $150,000 (but in my world, that's Monopoly money only).

Instead of being depressed over Jay getting all that money and me reading about it... I think about the fact I bought a copy of the Wolverine Origin Soft Cover PB for 60 cents and sold it for $12, realizing a gross profit margin of 1900% HAH! insane.gif Really folks... I can't imagine spending that kind of money on a book (yet) let alone how big of a pile it would be if it were in $1s!

OK, looks like this comic actually was won at $107K. Seems like a pretty good deal for what is likely one of the best copies out there. What do you all think?

V/R,

Mike

I think I would buy a nice Action 1 instead...