• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Plainville, CT: Sunday 30 JAN 10am-2pm

15 posts in this topic

Cliff usually runs his shows on the last Sunday of the month every few months, and I'm fairly certain January is his first one of the year. I was planning to swing by after church and feeding the boy his lunch--anyone else planning to go?

Someday I'd like to find out about this show in less than a few days notice. Maybe it's me.

If I have time that day I'll go to the Hampton NH show, which is way closer to moi.

Yeah, I wish Cliff advertised more...

I lived in CT about half my life, and I still have no idea where Plainville is . . . :insane:

Plainville is right next to Interestingtown. They don't get along with each other. It's like the Springfield and Shelbyville of CT.

;)

I was planning to swing by after church and feeding the boy his lunch--anyone else planning to go?

I'm planning on being there.

I lived in CT about half my life, and I still have no idea where Plainville is . . . :insane:

Next to New Britain.

:gossip: Wasn't in any hurry to find out either . . . ;)

not too far from Bristol...

Ahh . . . :insane::hi:

Yup, Bristol: Home of ESPN and Mac Man!

And Mung--unfortunately, that antique store closed up shop back in '07. I used to stop in now and then when I first moved here in '06 and remember seeing his copy of ToS 39 up on the wall. I was just getting into collecting then and remember thinking how I'd never own a copy like that. :)

Anyhow... wifey and I spent the day in Long Island and long ride back home, so I think we're skipping church and sleeping in. SO, I'll probably aim to be there a little closer to 11:30-12pm.

Yeah, I was impressed with the amount of pre-code EC Horror that was there today! I wasn't as thrilled with the selection of trade paperbacks though. BUT... I had my boy in the stroller, and with the crowd, it wasn't the easiest for digging through boxes.

Sorry to hear! :foryou:

I'm debating about hitting that show. P-ville is easy enough as it's only a 10 minute drive at most, but Windsor is a little further. While there's been some nice books to look at, I haven't really been able to find much of anything to buy and not sure I want to make the hike and come home empty-handed.