• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seattle Good eats things to do ...

29 posts in this topic

GA collectibles is in pike street market too if you're going there. Years back, they had nice GA books in their display and a ton of silver....expensively priced though. Loved their quarter bin as I picked up a lot of price slash TOS and TTA back in the late 70's early 80's.

Depending on how long you have in Seattle, it's worth getting out of dodge and getting to the San Juans.

GA collectibles is in pike street market too if you're going there. Years back, they had nice GA books in their display and a ton of silver....expensively priced though. Loved their quarter bin as I picked up a lot of price slash TOS and TTA back in the late 70's early 80's.

Depending on how long you have in Seattle, it's worth getting out of dodge and getting to the San Juans.

GA Collectibles is still there but there's nothing really to get anymore. The owner keeps the good stuff for himself and, as you said, the rest of the SA is priced way more than it should be. I didn't see any GA stuff there, though.

The Comics Dungeon on 45th Street has a nice selection but you'll seldom find anything high grade. However I think they might close for ECCC because they normally have a nice sized booth there.

Hi,

There are many great places to eat in the market.

I like Café Campagne for breakfast and Maximilien for Sunday brunch. Lowell’s is also a classic for breakfast. El Gaucho is my personal favorite for steak, but Morton’s on 6th and Pine is pretty sweet and it’s right by the hotel (Sheraton) and the convention center. Umi does good sushi if that’s your thing, really good.

As far as man vs food, Washington State is the home of the burger shack. The closest big burger that I can think of is at Zippy’s Giant Burgers, try the Big Mouth. If you have time to drive, hit the Bunkhouse and try the Trail Boss, that thing almost killed me. One of my friends ate it in 23 minutes. There is also XXX Root Beer just outside of Seattle, the XXX burger is pretty good. I'm sure there are other "big food" places out there, but I mostly focus on the burger!

Lastly, hit Elliott’s on pier 56. It has one of the best oyster bars I’ve seen. Good seafood and drinks.

Cafe Campagne

Maximilien

Lowell's

El Gaucho

Umi

Zippy's

Bunkhouse Elliott's Morton's

XXX

The XXX

9TheXXXburger.jpg

Me vs The XXX

10YouMustDieIAloneAmBest.jpg

The 4.5 pound Trail Boss!

TheTrailBoss.jpg

The Big Mouth

9TheBigMouthThatsonebigburger.jpg

Well I am sold on the xxx I want to try eating one of these lol!

http://www.triplexrootbeer.com/menu.htm

adding the location to my gps Or not ... weird my gps can not find it ?.. Is the place new with in a couiple of years or so ?.. Maps were updated just last year ...