• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So Much For Green Lantern 30 Being the RAREST Superhero Comic

31 posts in this topic

......and tdcomixncardz is the high bidder tongue.gif

He probably doesn't know Ian has one... 893whatthe.gif

As I told Ian after the Portland show, SEVEN different dealers were talking about his collection amongst themselves at the Portland show, and I heard the phrases "Buzzy 70" and "Green Lantern 30" at least a dozen times each while walking around...

Wouldn't bother me a bit if td paid through the nose thinking Ian still needed it... cloud9.gif

Since I have been sceptical of tdcomixncardz in the past after a

bad (ie. $2,067 bad) experience with another seller from Eugene,

Oregon, I wanted to point out that a good friend of mine recently

had a positive transaction with them on a high grade CGG-graded

$2,000 book bought through eBay. He was very happy with the

comic which he thought was accurately described and graded.

......and tdcomixncardz is the high bidder tongue.gif

He probably doesn't know Ian has one... 893whatthe.gif

As I told Ian after the Portland show, SEVEN different dealers were talking about his collection amongst themselves at the Portland show, and I heard the phrases "Buzzy 70" and "Green Lantern 30" at least a dozen times each while walking around...

Wouldn't bother me a bit if td paid through the nose thinking Ian still needed it... cloud9.gif

I should go to a big show and pretend to be Ian. see what happens.

Not sure if you have read some of the other forums/threads, but people have be looking at him with raised eyebrows lately. Various books sold to them in CGG holders turned out to be restored when submitted to CGC.

However I'm really wanting to hear back from LordRahl about what happened when he contacted tdcomixncardz about the restored books...... juggle.gif

I see many wedgies in your future tongue.gif27_laughing.gif

Darth,

If he comes to the Toronto show, I'll give him a couple wedgies for you. grin.gif

bring it on

devil.gif

1st annual cgc forums 1on 1 forums dinner street fight?

Or rather a 1 on 1flame war?

He probably doesn't know Ian has one...

The point is that if I DIDN'T have one, I would put in such a high bid that if anyone were to beat me to it, they would either have to be UTTERLY MAD or just plain spiteful.

I don't think I could live with myself if any of the last fourteen comics came up and I lost them from not bidding high enough. Unless the seller got too greedy, then I'd lose them on principle. I didn't buy ComicLink's Detective 5 purely because the price on it is obscene. In that case I'd rather not have it at all. But I think it's a safe bet that I'd now pay above guide for any of the last fourteen.

Darth,

If he comes to the Toronto show, I'll give him a couple wedgies for you. grin.gif

bring it on

devil.gif

I'd go with the street fight, but only because that would bring in more people. But I'll have to check with Kevthemev if it is OK to get the wrestling thing going.

Oh wait, maybe we can get a tag match together. I heard that Rob Van Dam might be at the TO show (not sure yet). He can be my tag partner, and you can get whoever you want to be yours (see if the Beyonder is available 893crossfingers-thumb.gif)

Alex grin.gif

Darth,

bring it on

devil.gif

I'd go with the street fight, but only because that would bring in more people. But I'll have to check with Kevthemev if it is OK to get the wrestling thing going.

Oh wait, maybe we can get a tag match together. I heard that Rob Van Dam might be at the TO show (not sure yet). He can be my tag partner, and you can get whoever you want to be yours (see if the Beyonder is available 893crossfingers-thumb.gif)

Alex grin.gif

One on one...

Rob can be the special Guest Referee!

Or else a drinking contest

Darth,

bring it on

devil.gif

Alex grin.gif

One on one...

Rob can be the special Guest Referee!

Or else a drinking contest

Well, you would win the drinking contest for sure. I'm a cheap date. blush.gif