• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Passing 10,000 by A Bog

1 post in this topic

Avengers Assemble

Rather odd that my first journal entry has to do with passing 10,000 points, but I guess I lagged in posting journals. I just received a pack of 30 graded Avengers issues from the Silver Age and that put me over the 10,000 mark. The Avengers have always been my favorite Marvel series. I finished getting all the issues of the original series a few years ago and began submitting them to CGC a few months ago. The first one, appropriately, had been Avengers #1, which I submitted for a Stan Lee signing back in October of last year.

I did receive a shock with the latest batch I submitted, however. One of the issues, #54, I just figured would be in the same VF 8.0-9.0 range as the other issues surrounding it, but to my unpleasant surprise it was graded 1.5 with BRITTLE Pages! How did I miss that? Is it some gross error? Am I going mad? It was a setback, that's fer sure. Has this happened to others around here? I understand being off by 0.5 grading points or even 1.0 point as to a book grading not meeting expectations, but this was totally off the wall.

At this point, since the book is sealed, I'd have to open up the case to check this out personally. I suppose that would entail calling CGC for instructions... some things need avenging...! Avengers Assemble! (or not)

See more journals by A Bog