• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So Cal Comic Con 2011 Aug 27th Special Guest "J. Scott Campbell"

25 posts in this topic

SoCal_ComicCon_Surfer-1.jpg

Hi Everyone,

Well our 1st show was such a great sucess last year, that we are having another one this year. On August 27th 2011 at the Oceanside Boys and Girls Club 401 Country Club Lane, Oceanside, CA 92054. We had a pretty big turn out and our Special Guests last year was "Bob Layton and Whilce Portacio" and various artist from Wild Storm and Top Cow Comics.

This year I am happy to announce that one of our Special Guest this year is " J. Scott Campbell"! :banana: We also have Keu Cha and Joe Weems coming on board from Image Comics. Check here or are Website: http://www.socalcomiccon.com/index.html or Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/SoCalComicCon for more updates. We have big plans for this year. (thumbs u

For those who would like to set up, just go to either site or send me a PM or Joel Elad.

Hope to see you guys there.

Rey Reyes

Sorry for everyone who could not get tickets for SDCC, I know we are not even as big as they are but we do have a room full of Dealers and Artist, and there are no crazy on-line hassles and admission is only $5.

Hope to see you there. (thumbs u

Hey Everyone,

I know it's been awhile since we posted something, but I would like to annouce once a week we are going to put up a trivia question up on our website and our facebook page. The 1st person to get it correct will get free entry and a special door prize. Also get your books together if your a J Scott Campbell fan, he will be signing autographs throughtout the day.

Also look out for our newest flyer in your local comic shop here in Southern California, these will also be available at Wonder Con, LBCC (1 Day) and SDCC. These flyers will give you $1.00 off admission.

New Flyer

socalflyer2011.jpg

Hope to see you there! (thumbs u

Hi Everyone, :hi:

Just a reminder that the So Cal Comic Con is on August 27th at the Oceanside Boys and Girls Club in Oceanside CA. I wanted to give you guys an update on who is coming to our show. Here is a complete Dealers list and artist who are attending. You can find more info here: http://www.socalcomiccon.com/ or check us out on facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/SoCalComicCon

Also don't forget that are special guest this year is "J Scott Campbell"!

We are taking submission for signature series for him. So just PM myself or Joel Elad.

Dealers List

Steve Wyatt - SuperCon

Southern Cal Comics

Mike's Collectibles N Stuff

Comic Cellar

Echo Base Toys

GoDaddyO's Comic Book Hideout

Toy company

Ron Chase Comics

Comic Gallery

Ken Spencer Comics

Terry's Comics

Jay Company

Desert Wind Comics

Angelo's Comics

FVF Comics

Comic Madness

Michael Leociado Comics

Artists

J. Scott Campbell

Keu Cha

Joe Weems

Wildstorm

Ryan Winn

Tone & Garage Studios

Michael Hamersky

David Miller

Hope to see you Boardies there! (thumbs u

We've picked up some great raffle prizes at the recent San Diego Comic Con that we are raffling off at our show. Trade paperbacks, lithographs, and posters signed by the likes of Todd McFarlane, John Carpenter, the voice cast of a popular Fox animated show, and more!

For those of you who would like a Signature Series book from one of the following attending artists, we will be the only facilitator for the show accepting requests. PM me or Rey Reyes for pricing and if you would like a blank cover sketch (NO requests for J. Scott Campbell sketches, please) CGC SS graded:

J. Scott Campbell

Keu Cha

Tony Fleecs

*NEW* Joel Gomez *NEW*

David Miller

Chris Moreno

Lauren Perry

Tone Rodriguez

Mark dos Santos

Joe Weems

If you're not a Facebook fan, and you're planning to come to the show, Like our page. We are doing a secret unannounced free raffle, and the only way to enter is to Like our Facebook page by August 26th at night.

The other reason to follow us on Facebook or Twitter - we might have something "cool" to announce in terms of an exclusive for our show! Details to follow when we can say more... :)

We added artist Richard Friend (Batman: The Dark Knight, WildCATS) and a couple of local artists to the guest list. The gift bags came together nicely over the weekend, 15 comics plus some cover prints/posters.

We've still got a couple of announcements we hope to make in the next week regarding some exclusives... :) Stay tuned.

:news:

Breaking News! Here is something for you guys to look foward to. J Scott Campbell has created a very Exclusive print just for our show. There will only be 100 of these. The image below is "Sleeping Beauty". You can get these at the front desk and have it sign by J Scott Campbell. The cost of the print is $20. For some of you boardies who cannot make it and would like one, please PM myself or Joel Elad and we can workout something for you.

scccjscprint.jpg

Also, there will be 2 more Exclusive prints sign and number 1-25 by J Scott Campbell and Christina Strain. For more info on this you will have to PM us for this.

Hope to see you guys there! (thumbs u

Just came back from the con. Already want to show off some of the stuff I got from my first ever large, medium, small, tiny comic con. Would have been better if Joe Benitez enlisted before the show, missed all my Lady Mechanika signing opportunity. Thank you Joel, a wonderfull show!

Two stunning limited print of Deadpool limited to 25 print signed by J. Scott Campbell & Christina:

img0046tdj.jpg

img0047yz.jpg

My 2 commission sketches:

img0040cs.jpg

img0041sf.jpg

Who said Image United Blank suck, love this sketch by Keu Cha:

img0044ha.jpg

J. Scott Campbell line is looooong, I think the first fan on the line killed for all other fans after that (he came in with a small comic bin box for Campbell to sign...)

Did I mention my friend won a X-Men #1 (original series) signed by Stan Lee from raffle? He won total of 5 prices, includes a AMS #361 CGC 9.8!

Wonderful experience, see you guys next year and hopefully more awesome artists.

Thanks to Rey and Joel for a fun convention. I picked up a few books for my collection from Terry, SoCal comics and Steve Wyatt.

The highlight was my son getting a jam piece from nearly every artist in attendance. I didn't have the frame of mind to get a picture. But, Fingerprint.Ink did. Hopefully I'll get a copy soon. Thanks Jesse.