• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CREATORS FRONT FOR DIVERSITY IN COMICS

121 posts in this topic

So if I understand...Marvel and DC should make people buy less of their comics and make them buy more Goon comics?

Help me out. I'm not getting the message.

So if I understand...Marvel and DC should make people buy less of their comics and make them buy more Goon comics?

Quit being a . I bet you don't support local music either.

Quit being a . I bet you don't support local music either.

:eyeroll:

This is insane, as the reason for this "recycling characters from the 30's-70's" is because THERE ARE NO YOUNGER READERS ENTERING AND IT IS ALL AGING FANBOYS BUYING THIS DREK. SO BY PERPETUATING THIS TREND AND MARKETING TO THESE SAME ADULT FANBOYS, YOU HAVE NO ONE TO BLAME BUT YOURSELF!

Somebody find this maroon and tattoo that on his fat forehead!! :makepoint:

This is insane, as the reason for this "recycling characters from the 30's-70's" is because THERE ARE NO YOUNGER READERS ENTERING AND IT IS ALL AGING FANBOYS BUYING THIS DREK. SO BY PERPETUATING THIS TREND AND MARKETING TO THESE SAME ADULT FANBOYS, YOU HAVE NO ONE TO BLAME BUT YOURSELF!

So sayeth the King of aging fanboys!

doh!

Plus, when's the last time you even bought a new comic, Vince? ( :gossip: i.e. take your idiotically self-righteous attitude and shove it)

So you prefer the same characters being killed, resurrected, killed again, then replaced by their sidekick, only to be resurrected over and over again instead of well written and original ideas?

Some of the best, most creative, well written, well drawn, and professionally produced books are creator owned books.

I personally go to the small press, and creator owned section of my LCS first. There are creators there putting their heart and soul and producing some incredible work. They deserve our support.

The cliche "don't judge a book by it's cover" comes to mind. The industry is being inundated in endless waves of variant covers, die cut covers, RRP covers, and every other gimmick to draw your attention to the outside of the book and AWAY from the inside of the book. Why is that do you think?

What Powell is saying is that Marvel and DC, being sold to global entertainment corporations intent only on the value of the trademark and not the content of the actual comics, given the disparity between the income of those two distinct areas, don't care about what's in the comics as long as the licensing of the characters continues unimpeded.

It would be great if Marvel and DC allowed for more diverse content instead of "trend chasing" but when you have share holders you tend to only care about the black ink on the bottom line and nothing spreads that black ink like 14 different Deadpool covers per month.

Creator owned, original content is the one thing that might sustain actual comics beyond the coming digicomicapalypse (Tm, Me 2011) deriding what he's saying is ignoring the great work done by creator owned books and REALLY ignoring the amount of trite coming out of the big 2 over the last 2 decades.

So you prefer the same characters being killed, resurrected, killed again, then replaced by their sidekick, only to be resurrected over and over again instead of well written and original ideas?

Some of the best, most creative, well written, well drawn, and professionally produced books are creator owned books.

I personally go to the small press, and creator owned section of my LCS first. There are creators there putting their heart and soul and producing some incredible work. They deserve our support.

The cliche "don't judge a book by it's cover" comes to mind. The industry is being inundated in endless waves of variant covers, die cut covers, RRP covers, and every other gimmick to draw your attention to the outside of the book and AWAY from the inside of the book. Why is that do you think?

What Powell is saying is that Marvel and DC, being sold to global entertainment corporations intent only on the value of the trademark and not the content of the actual comics, given the disparity between the income of those two distinct areas, don't care about what's in the comics as long as the licensing of the characters continues unimpeded.

It would be great if Marvel and DC allowed for more diverse content instead of "trend chasing" but when you have share holders you tend to only care about the black ink on the bottom line and nothing spreads that black ink like 14 different Deadpool covers per month.

Creator owned, original content is the one thing that might sustain actual comics beyond the coming digicomicapalypse (Tm, Me 2011) deriding what he's saying is ignoring the great work done by creator owned books and REALLY ignoring the amount of trite coming out of the big 2 over the last 2 decades.

:applause: Much more eloquent than I could've put it.

:applause: Much more eloquent than I could've put it.

He could have said 'I just farted' and it would have been more eloquent than you could have put it. :baiting:

He could have said 'I just farted' and it would have been more eloquent than you could have put it. :baiting:

I actually thought this after reading TJ's response.

:roflmao:

Ha ha ha...jokers. :P

So sayeth the King of aging fanboys!

doh!

Plus, when's the last time you even bought a new comic, Vince? ( :gossip: i.e. take your idiotically self-righteous attitude and shove it )

^^

People speak with their wallets. And a business only stays in business if it makes money. Sounds like it's time to find another line of work.

Hooray for the demise of creativity! :applause: