• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: ASM 115,117,118, & 126

6 posts in this topic

I recently bought a collection of comics, mostly archie type, but there are some superhero books too, all 20 cent 70's issues like these. The condition of the collection is high grade and flat, however they were stored in a basement (some exibit slight rust migration, yet others show no effect at all), they were never bagged or boarded, a true original owner collection. I'm looking to get a feel for the grades and plan to sell them here on the boards in the proper forum. thanks

asm115f.jpgasm115b.jpgasm117f.jpgasm117b.jpgasm118f.jpgasm118b.jpgasm126f.jpgasm126b.jpg

is that a color breaking crease on 115 ? top right corner

if so I think 8.0

117 is nice, 9.4 if the lower right corner on the back is just dirt and not water damage

118 looks like a 9.0 but the top right corner on the cover is hard to tell..any creases there?

the last one with the rusty staples is tough to grade and I wouldn't know what to give there.

115 does definatly have a CBC top right - i agree 8.0

117 has no water stain, but there is some dirt, may be removable.

I do not have a knack for grading the 9.x range as my comfort zone is certainly the mid grade 4.0 ~ 8.0

the 118 has no creases, however there is a flea bite in the point of the corner, it's about a 1/16" dog eared tear, hanging on, but not missing.

126's top staple is rusty on the lower side and the paper exibits some migrating color. the bottom staple has just a touch of rust, also on the bottom area, but has yet to effect the paper.