• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week's Book Reviews *Spoilers*

2 posts in this topic

OK, my reviews of the books I picked up yesterday:

Wanted #3 - Good issue, but not as good as the previous 2. I did like that the villains have crossed over dimensions and are battling still-existing super-heroes (Parallel-2). Wesley blowing away Miracleman was a nice touch. Mister Richtus makes his play for control, and wipes out the Professor (I wish this hadn't happened as he was just getting interesting). Good series, but as my guy at the LCS said, it is kind of tough rooting for a "Columbine Kid".

UFF - Another book that wasn't quite as good as the preceeding issues, but still entertaining. Story is moving slower though. I really like what they've done w/ the Moleman, and the last panel(s) was great. Although, it was a little goofy to have his hideout directly under the Baxter Building. Can't wait to see the cover to the next issue (which I'm guessing will be a swipe of FF#1). Art is beautiful, and the Thing looked great. Can't say I like how Reed looks though (a little too Peter Parker-ish). And, what happened to Doom? (I think that will be the next arc).

USM - After my blasting of last issue, I'm glad to see that this issue was a little better. Nice that Bendis hasn't conveniently forgotten what happened in Ultimate 6. The conversations between Ock and his tentacles was good fo rshowing just how insane he's gotten. Spidey watching the movie being filmed was a nice touch. The final scene was very cool, but I think we'll see the same thing in the upcoming movie....

Hulk: Grey - So much promise a the beginning of the story, only to end the way it did. Pretty disappointing. At least it has Tim Sale artwork.

Conan #2 - Haven't read it yet.

Warren Ellis: Necromancer - Where the heck was this! My shop didn't get it in. frown.gif

i think Wanted is a conceptually cool book, but as you noted Chris, it's tough to really root for the title character. If every comic on the market were like this, I think I wouldn't really love it... but the fact that it's unique makes me more forgiving. Awesome J.G. Jones artwork and a quickly paced story makes for a nice read.

I haven't read UFF... other than flipping through it on the shelves in the store. As with most Ult. books, they generally move things along way too slow.

conan 2... it was ok. didn't love it though.