• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Suscha News Grades Are In

176 posts in this topic

I see your point and all, but I think if I'm paying the same price in grade, why would I want a date stamp, or any writing on the cover? Why should anyone really? Man, I don't wanna poop on this beautiful thread of books though. Will make my own tomorrow.

...because some people like date stamps and other newsstand distributor markings on their comics.

:makepoint:

I generally don't mind marks and date stamps, but the whole distributer ink thing is just ugly. We've all seen some that are pretty mild and only cover the top edge of the interior paper but when it bleeds to the cover(s) it becomes aesthetically unappealing in the extreme, imo of course.

By far the hardest Marvel Picture Frame ever.

Not even close...

Sorry, let me re-phase the hardest Marvel "Superhero" picture frame that is not a Romance or Western.

I actually found some non-superhero picture frames before the new year in HG, and I still have not found a NM- to NM copy of Avengers 103 "raw" anywhere.

So I am assuming your comment is directed towards some of the westerns or love Marvel Picture Frames, cause there is no other superhero MPF that is harder in HG than Avengers 103.

Not in my experience anyway.

Except for the Superhero reprint comics. :baiting:

Reprint comics should be used as firewood starters. :baiting:

Not even close...

Sorry, let me re-phase the hardest Marvel "Superhero" picture frame that is not a Romance or Western.

I actually found some non-superhero picture frames before the new year in HG, and I still have not found a NM- to NM copy of Avengers 103 "raw" anywhere.

So I am assuming your comment is directed towards some of the westerns or love Marvel Picture Frames, cause there is no other superhero MPF that is harder in HG than Avengers 103.

What? Some of them have new covers and art? Get a clue newb.

Not even close...

lol

So will you be in Philly this weekend?

My brother and I will be going to the auto show on Saturday, so I will stop by Fat Jacks as well.

Not even close...

lol

My brother and I will be going to the auto show on Saturday, so I will stop by Fat Jacks as well.

Not sure. Maybe. I will be in Philly, question will be what time can I get there. I may be in for an early lunch?

Not even close...

lol

Not sure. Maybe. I will be in Philly, question will be what time can I get there. I may be in for an early lunch?

Yes we are planning to go to the Reading Terminal for lunch.

Looks like you're still in SD

Nope still stuck in Philly visiting. Hoping to leave for Socal late next week cause unfortunately the way I drive back to San Diego is miles of bad interstate and toll roads due to this terrible winter.

Oklahoma Turnpike is apparently a death trap right now.

If I see snow again it will be to soon.

I see your point and all, but I think if I'm paying the same price in grade, why would I want a date stamp, or any writing on the cover? Why should anyone really? Man, I don't wanna poop on this beautiful thread of books though. Will make my own tomorrow.

...because some people like date stamps and other newsstand distributor markings on their comics.

I generally don't mind marks and date stamps, but the whole distributer ink thing is just ugly. We've all seen some that are pretty mild and only cover the top edge of the interior paper but when it bleeds to the cover(s) it becomes aesthetically unappealing in the extreme, imo of course.

Yeah, I *hate* distributor ink. HATE it. Bleagh. I generally reject any and all oversprayed books. :sick:

Yeah, I *hate* distributor ink. HATE it. Bleagh. I generally reject any and all oversprayed books. :sick:

Snob :shy:

You should not refer to your friends as "Fat".

Well I am in Philly.

Home to some of the fittest people in the world. :ohnoez:

Not going to make it down for lunch. Small batch of books just located at LCS that I got a call about some very high grade GA.

Hi Guys-

If you'd like to see scans you can check them out by clicking on the Event Auction at ComicConnect. Hope you enjoy. More Suschas are being added each day!

And my two cents on date stamps- I love them as long as they are not on Spidey's face!

Have a great week and enjoy the Super Bowl!

Vincent

the ASM 121 CGC 9.8W is just sick, along with some of the avengers in CGC 9.8W :cloud9:

av103-1.jpg

Nicest copy I've ever seen. Will the deep pockets who buys this please sell me their undercopy? :wishluck:

That's what I'm talking about! they share a spank mark from the same doctor!

lol

Ah, I never actually thought about it like that! I too despise of grease pencil. Any other unnecessary writing is also a no-no. (tsk) Main reason I'm asking is that I've been eyeing a grail book that has a date stamp on the front cover. Just wanted to know if it would hurt it's overall appeal to other collectors or not.