• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My comic goals for 2011 posted by pgbeckstrom

2 posts in this topic

Submit is the Key word

I am going to attempt to refrain from buying a lot of comics this year. Instead I will decide to focus on submitting comics to CGC. Since I am a new member, and new to submitting, I have a lot to submit. I am going to concentrate on slabbing all my bronze and silver keys. Prior to SDCC kicking off I want to do a 30 book submission for the discount. There is a lot of copper-modern age books in my collection I would like slabbed such as: New Mutants 98, Kick 1 sketch variant, Nemesis 1-4, Hulk 340, Batman Harley Quinn, Batman Vengence of Bane, Battle Chasers ( I love Joe Mad covers!), Daredevil the Frank Miller run and so many more!

See more journals by pgbeckstrom

Nice goals!

Ever since I started seriously collecting slabs a few years back, I found it somewhat easy to avoid buying raw books for reading (if I did, it was really for purposes of completing slabbed sets), but found it harder to stop myself from purchasing hardcovers and TPB's.

I do remember my 1st ever 30 book silver age submission to CGC - ended up with a total cost (including shipping):total CGC points ratio of 47% (somewhat disappointing, as the low ratio was driven by 3 raw books I'd purchased which turned out the be undeclared restored books) which has since improved to 134% in my last 30-book silver agre submission.

Best of luck in your goal for the year!