• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw Ironman 2 and I have to say, didn't think it was too good

75 posts in this topic

I don't see how 2 hours of suffering makes a great story.

Alot people disagree with that - Passion of the Christ - proves this point.

That wasn't a story, it was real :gossip:

Waitaminute...I thought it was "The greatest story ever told."

That tagline might not have been true.

I'll take Max von Sydow as Jesus any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I just saw it recently too and I enjoyed it. Maybe not as much as the first one, but I was entertained. And I thought Mickey Rourke was great. :shrug:

Add Angel Heart to the list of cool MR flicks.

Let's not forget Sin City....I thought the man was dead until I saw him play Marv....fun character.

I just saw it recently too and I enjoyed it. Maybe not as much as the first one, but I was entertained. And I thought Mickey Rourke was great. :shrug:

Let's not forget Sin City....I thought the man was dead until I saw him play Marv....fun character.

I like him in general, but I loved him in Sin City (thumbs u

Yeah it's tough to pull good acting thru heavy make-up too.

That was a solid roll for him.

(thumbs u

Just like RT, I take this as a summer popcorn flick that doesn't need to be taken too seriously.

Anything in the 70% range or under you can take it or leave it.

sorry but every superhero movie can't be TDK guys.

:whistle:

Thank goodness for that!

Seriously, if it wasn't for Heath Ledger, Morgan Freeman, Aaron Eckhart and Michael Caine's performances, I would've fallen asleep halfway through. If that movie had to hang its hat on Christian Bale's Kirk-like acting (the scenes where his violent lisp takes over are more humor then drama) and Maggie G's horseface, it would've been in big trouble.

:news:

There is no such (fill in the blank) that everybody likes.

But there a lot of people that think TDK is one of the better if not best superhero movies,

if you don't then you are part of the minority...

;)

I liked the movie, mind-you, I just didn't think it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. If they called it "The Joker", it would've made sense to me, since that character stole every scene he was in, especially the ones where he shared the screen with Bale.

I think both Batman movies, as a whole, are very good to excellent, and compare only to the first two Spidey films as far as comic movies go. The trick is to avoid the dreaded "Terrible Third" installment of the franchise, which X-Men & Spidey weren't able to do. If Tom Hardy is playing the main villain, I'm sure it can be done. (thumbs u

:news:

There is no such (fill in the blank) that everybody likes.

But there a lot of people that think TDK is one of the better if not best superhero movies,

if you don't then you are part of the minority...

;)

:news: Spawn was a top ten selling book for a while in the 90's, that doesn't mean it was any good. I guess I'm in the minority again :sorry:

I thought Iron Man 2 was fantastic. It wasn't perfect, but still really good in my opinion.
(thumbs u

+1

I really enjoyed it. (thumbs u