• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Unhappy kids

315 posts in this topic

I like Hoegaarden, but that's really a brew for people who aren't really drinkers.

:screwy:

What? It's a wheat beer fer cryin' out loud. (shrug)

It's Belgian, it tastes lush, and at 5% it sits there as a premium beer alongside Stella, Export etc. It's a white beer, which is rare to get in the UK, and for taste alone it's second only to Leffe Blond. :sumo:

We are arguing cross purposes, you tit. :makepoint:

I like Hoegaarden, but that's really a brew for people who aren't really drinkers.

:screwy:

What? It's a wheat beer fer cryin' out loud. (shrug)

It's Belgian, it tastes lush, and at 5% it sits there as a premium beer alongside Stella, Export etc. It's a white beer, which is rare to get in the UK, and for taste alone it's second only to Leffe Blond. :sumo:

We are arguing cross purposes, you tit. :makepoint:

I'm not cross.

I thought Leffe was a Trappist beer to be honest. No doubt Chrome will be along to set me right soon enough.

He's in bed.

Give him a nudge then and tell him I need some clarification.

I thought Leffe was a Trappist beer to be honest. No doubt Chrome will be along to set me right soon enough.

There are only 7 trappist beers in the world that are allowed to carry the Trappist label.

6 of them are in Belgium.

Westvleteren is the most elusive. You have to make a reservation to go their gates in the middle of nowhere to pick up a maximum of two cases with a promise of not to sell it.

Again, Rochefort is my favorite.

There are only 7 trappist beers in the world that are allowed to carry the Trappist label.

I stand corrected, I just read the label on the bottle I have open at the moment and it doesn't say Trappist. I thought it did.

I love Belgium. This is the other reason. :cloud9:

He's in bed.

You nudge him. He's on your side.

He's in bed.

You nudge him. He's on your side.

I never noticed, I was too smitten by you.

Here are the Trappist beers:

Chimay

Westmalle

Orval

Rochefort

Westvleteren

Achel

La Trappe

I'll have to track some of those down (worship)

Please know that since all of these were brewed by Trappist monks, if you drink them you will probably live forever.

Here are the Trappist beers:

Chimay

Westmalle

Orval

Rochefort

Westvleteren

Achel

La Trappe

I'll have to track some of those down (worship)

Please know that since all of these were brewed by Trappist monks, if you drink them you will probably live forever.

As long as the wife doesn't drink some too I can live with that.